My friend needs some help with his slayer propel.the rudder stop work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My friend needs some help with his slayer propel.the rudder stop work

My friends slayer propel rudder stop turning.once u turn the steering knob it moves freely like the cords snapped anyone ever have this issue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B__t9Tc8ISg

So the guy in the video did a budget rebuild of his cabling system and it looks super simple to be frank. If your buddy just buys the replacement cables, this video is informative enough to guide ya through the process. All in all, he very well may have broke a cable but before spending for new cables, I'd check all the connections to make sure something didn't work loose and just needs to be cinched back down.
    Christopher

2016 PA 14' Olvie Drab, Torqueedo Ultralight 403, Mad Frog Gear Boards, Elite-5 ti, Berley Pro Visor and Transducer mount and some other goodies...
    2016 PA 12' Olvie Drab, Elite-5 ti, BerleyPro Visor and Transducer mount
    2013 PA 14' Olvie Drab, Elite-4x Chirp
    2013 PA 12' Olvie Drab, Elite-4 HDI

Comment

There are a few of us on Snaggedline with Slayer Propels, but you may do better at a specific chat board for Slayer Propel questions and issues. I suggest that your buddy take a look there and ask his questions. It is http://nativeownersgroup.com/.

The rudder on the Slayer Propels is controlled by a cable that runs from the rudder handle (left of the seat) to the black rudder disk in the rear. There are two set screws on the underside of the rudder disk that clamp down on the ends of the cables. If the rudder has been hyper-extended, the cable ends may have pulled free from the set screws. Put the rudder in the center position, loosen the set screws enough so you can slide the cable, pull the cable tight, and tighten the set screws. In the event that the cable has actually broken, you may need to replace the cable (available from Native dealers).

I have adjusted the cable on my Slayer Propel 13 several times -- it is not difficult and requires just a Phillips screwdriver to remove the rudder plate, an Allen wrench of the right size for the set screws, and pliers to grab the cable end.
      John Veil
      Annapolis
      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X