Largemouth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Largemouth

Where is the closest place around the Annapolis area to go do some decent largemouth bass fishing from my yak?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wye Mills Lake and Smithville Lake on the Eastern Shore. Centenial Lake in Columbia. St. Marys Lake in St. Mary's county. Tuckahoe Lake on the eastern shore.

Of course many of the eastern shore rivers have LM bass. Choptank above Denton, Nanticoke River near Delaware, Watts Creek east of Denton. Fish outgoing tide. And then there is the Potomac from DC down river quite a ways.

You can call me for details on any of these places. 443-433-6659

Al

Comment

Wow that's a long list. Thanks buddy. I think I'm going to try cash lake in Bowie. I fished there before but never from my kayak. But I'll definitely have to try some places on this list too. Thank you

Comment

Don't bother to try cash lake. It drained earlier this year.
        But lake Allen on the north tract is pretty good, no kayaking though.

Comment

Originally posted by brianisoutside View Post
          Don't bother to try cash lake. It drained earlier this year.
          But lake Allen on the north tract is pretty good, no kayaking though.

Are you talking about Alan's pond?

Comment

Originally posted by KDT88 View Post
            Where is the closest place around the Annapolis area to go do some decent largemouth bass fishing from my yak?
            Rocky Gorge Reservoir is a 30 mile trip northwest from Annapolis. Good fishing but you will need a WSSC permit.

And don't forget the Potomac River. Its not exactly "close" to Annapolis, but its easily just as close as St. Mary's County or the Eastern Shore.

From Fletcher's Boathouse all the way down to Najemoy there is good Largemouth fishing, especially in the tributaries. My favorites are Piscataway Creek (free boat ramp), Pomonkey Creek, Mattawoman Creek (free boat ramp), Chicamuxen Creek, Mallows Bay (free boat ramp), and Nanjemoy Creek (free boat ramp).
            2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
            Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Well there is allens pond in Bowie that's ok for dinks.
              But there's also lake Allen, it is part of the refuge system. It's on the north tract, entrance is off 198 by ft Meade.
              I haven't fished them but there are ponds in piney orchard too

Comment

Got a couple small bass that cash lake and one chain Pickrell. Trying Rocky Gorge next. Thanks for all the info guys

Comment

........ Rocky Gorge was closed because of a large sewerage spill ......... Did they open it back up?

Comment

Originally posted by Memory Maker View Post
                    ........ Rocky Gorge was closed because of a large sewerage spill ......... Did they open it back up?
                    No clue. I'll look
                    Into that. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X