CNR's - Who knew?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CNR's - Who knew?

Some interesting facts about our local denizens of the bay from the folks at the Smithsonian.

http://sercblog.si.edu/?p=6254
    Bruce

Hobie PA 14
    Wilderness System, Thresher 155

pretty neat!
    Red 2015 Hobie Outback
    Olive 2015 PA 14

Comment

Caught my first CNR today at the bridge. I was expecting a lot more of a fight based on stories shared on the forum, but I had the fish to the boat and unhooked within 10 mins of our encounter. She was hooked on the wing which might have a lot to do with quick fight. Anyway, pretty cool animal up close, saw a few others gliding by as well.
      2015 Hobie Outback
      2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

interesting read. Have heard some reports of CNR in the upper chessie. Have not seen any myself.
        Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
        Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Originally posted by silasvirus82 View Post
          Caught my first CNR today at the bridge. I was expecting a lot more of a fight based on stories shared on the forum, but I had the fish to the boat and unhooked within 10 mins of our encounter. She was hooked on the wing which might have a lot to do with quick fight. Anyway, pretty cool animal up close, saw a few others gliding by as well.
          When using 50 pound test, reeling anything in is easy. (just joking)

John
          John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
          MK Endura Max 55 backup power
          Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Comment

Originally posted by john from md View Post
            When using 50 pound test, reeling anything in is easy. (just joking)

John
            It was only 30 lb thank you
            2015 Hobie Outback
            2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

Hooked one a couple of weeks ago. My son and I tried to get bucktail back from being wing hooked, tried to pull him to kayak and he got to far out of water I guess. Snapped my almost brand new Penn rod about a foot from end. Next time I will cut the line or use tuna hook! Fun catch though.

Comment

Working...
              X