Kiptopeke Trip This Weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kiptopeke Trip This Weekend

I'm taking an exploratory trip down to CBBT area and camping at Kiptopeke. If anyone is going out anywhere near there let me know. This is a new area for me and would love some pointers. I plan on targeting flounder but am up for anything. Recommendations on areas to target of techniques much appreciated!
    Last edited by WOOD YAK; 08-21-2015, 12:09 AM.
    WOOD DUCK 12

I don't fish that side of the bridge often, but I would imagine you ought to be able to find some right there at kipto. There are other spots nearby that are supposed to be good as well if you do some searching of older reports on here.

3/4 to 3 oz bucktail (I typically use a 2 oz at cbbt, but sometimes 1oz and occasionally 3 if current is ripping) with gulp swimming mullet or gulp shrimp on a fluorocarbon leader. You can also tie a dropper loop about 12" or so up your leader for a teaser. I use a 4/0 Owner's cutting point red hook for my teaser hooks. Some will have their teaser hooks pretty much attached to the main leader line, but I will typically tie my dropper loop longer so the teaser can hang about 4-6" away from the main leader. Keep it moving to make it look alive to the flounder.

Comment

Kayak Kevin.com..He has some great videos fishing this area. I have all of his DVD's
      2016 Old Town Predator 13 Urban Camo

Comment

Stop by Chris's bait and tackle right near the CG (they also have fishing reports on their website) they will point you in the right direction
        John Hostalka

Delaware Paddlesports and
        Hobie Fishing team member

2018 Camo Hobie Outback
        2015 Hobie Outback

Comment

Thanks for the advise everyone! Caught a 19"flounder just inside the ships this AM. First flounder with the Yak! Used a buck tail with cut squid. Plan on trying Gulp tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          WOOD DUCK 12

Comment

Working...
          X