Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• feeding frenzy reasons

20150823_173008_resized.jpg20150823_173024_resized.jpg

water was crappy all weekend till yesterday afternoon. these pics show why my pier has been the hotspot for the stripers. my pier is probably 100 foot long at most but the entire pier looks like this. and the bait will not leave. it just keeps getting bigger and bigger. caught a few stripers last night before dark....all keepers this time, but the tide was at almost high so not the right time to fire up the school. the outgoing tide is the frenzy for sure. sure wish I was retired so I could hit the tide right every day. I sure hope its a long fall and winter stays away till January so this bite can continue. haha
    Rich
    Hobie Pro Angler 2014 (Torqeedo Powered), Torqeedo solar panel with custom frame, Lowrance Elite-7 Chirp, sidekick (modified to fit)

If you're trying to make me jealous, it's working.
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Just wondering... is the end of your pier lite all night long? A lit pier all night long will really pull in the bait and bait pulls in the stripers.
      Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

One of the striper mysteries so far to me this year in my typical hunts of the Severn, Whitehall Bay and Prospect Bay is that schools of baitfish have been pervasive this summer, rippling over the surface or lighting up my FF screen with big orange clouds. However, stripers have usually not been near them -- or if they have they haven't found their way to my lures with consistency. I hope that is changing as the days shorten and water cools.

fishinggod -- Your post may cause those with summer striper pullage deficits to make a pilgrimage to your pier. I think there are many. Good luck handling the crowds!
        Mark
        Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
        Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
        Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Mark,

I make the offer almost every week. Moc and Mike are the only ones to make it over and when Mike showed up the water was not friendly. and when Moc showed up it was before the bait fun, however we did catch a bunch of good sized croaker. if the wind isn't coming out of the north then its expected to be fairly calm at my house. this weekend ill be working so no offer will be given till next week. I will say that the 8th to the 20th ill be on vacation so if any northerners can get away during the week, it would be a great time to come visit. weather permitting.
          Rich
          Hobie Pro Angler 2014 (Torqeedo Powered), Torqeedo solar panel with custom frame, Lowrance Elite-7 Chirp, sidekick (modified to fit)

Comment

What are the GPS coordinates for this pier again!? Hahaha, very nice stuff.
            I did get my Sebile in the mail. It's the 1.25 oz size. It's basically a jig head with a blade on the back. I like it.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
            Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
            Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
            Kokatat Pro Staff
            Torqeedo Pro Staff
            Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
            Alan

Comment

As Mark said, I am one of the envious ones. Still,waiting for my first keeper of the season.
              John Rentch
              Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
              Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

congrats on your new lure purchase Alan. if nothing else, its something different for the fish to look at. even under spin baits don't have this action. something unique and i cast it 90 percent of the time unless I'm trolling.
                Rich

Comment

I could not help myself, I order a couple of the Sebile spin shad myself. Should be in this week.
                  Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
                  Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

crap Freddie T, i better order a few more myself before you all buy whats left in the system....haha. nah, glad i shared and i sure hope you all land great fish on em.
                    Rich

Comment

Fishinggod, you better do that, LOL, since your original post, the pickins is getting slim on a lure that is not made anymore. Are you sure ya dont own stock in Sebile. Tight lines
                      Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
                      Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

ya my side business is helpin Sebile clean their left over shelves. haha. if that were so then i'd have my own supply. that sure would be nice. ill get online today at work and order a few extra before their all gone.
                        Rich

Comment

Working...
                        X