Locked in at Rocky Gorge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locked in at Rocky Gorge

Does anyone Know where i can launch at RG so I will not get locked in ? Fishing only heats up there after 7 PM so by the time I get back to ramp it might be locked . Keep in mind would not break the law by night fishing but the last two hours before dark is the best for top water any help would be appreciated .
    Bad day fishing is better than a good day at work .

Where do you normally launch? I know Rocky Gorge is part of brown bridge. I normally launch at brown bridge, and I dont believe they lock that ramp at all.

Comment

usually launch at scotts cove do they make you leave at browns bridge at dark
      Bad day fishing is better than a good day at work .

Comment

Gates with timers.

I know that most of the launch areas at the WSSC reservoirs have gates and many have timers that close after sunset. I was out a few weeks ago at Triadelphia and my son and I were heading back to the ramp near sunset. One of the WSSC police was at the ramp and saw us coming in, so he set the timer on the gate to close after we left.

Comment

I fish regularly until 9pm

...out of Scott's Cove. Haven't been locked out yet but I dont' push it. More accurately, I've been in the parking lot at 9 pm and got out without incident. Same at Sulee's landing.

But technically, they do close at sunset I believe.

Comment

1 hour past sunset

If I remember the WSSC regulations correctly, they say the reservoir closes 1 hour after sunset. I spoke to a WSSC police guy once and he said that whatever the official sunset is that day, that is the time they start the clock. Even though it is twilight for probably another 20 minutes after the official sunset.

I do know of one launch without gates, but I haven't pushed it yet there.

Check the Maryland Anglers Log and some dude caught a nice catfish and pike at Triadelphia using a banjo minnow. Who would have guessed that?

Comment

Working...
            X