Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Launching from Mariner Point tonight at 5:30 pm - anyone in the area who can join me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Launching from Mariner Point tonight at 5:30 pm - anyone in the area who can join me?

Tonight, I'm launching from Mariner Point Park in Joppa, MD, at 5:30 pm. I'm hoping to find someone who can join me. Otherwise, if there is anyone launching from somewhere else nearby, please let me know. I'll see if I can join you instead.

I'm new to kayaking, fishing and the forum. I just got a fishing kayak and I'm hoping to find some friends to go fishing with. Today is short notice. But, I work day-shift Monday to Friday, so I am available most weekday evenings. And anytime on weekends. I'm willing to travel. But, I work in White Marsh and live in Joppatowne near Mariner Point Park.
    Mike
    2012 Hobie Outback - Olive
    2012 Hobie Revo 13 - Sand

Hey Mikemike, welcome to the site. you will enjoy all those on this site and can find just about anything you need on here. I enjoy Mariner Point Park, its a good spot to learn the sport. I was out a few weeks ago and the grass is thick. Try to stay as deep as you can if you are tossing lures.
    Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
    Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Hi SD, thanks for the welcome. I ended up going by myself. But I still enjoyed getting on the water. Thanks for the advice about the weeds. I mostly stayed in the channel leading up to the train bridge and then went along the bridge to the far shore. It was a fun paddle, but I didn't catch anything. I'm looking forward to getting out with some people from the forum to show me how it's done.
      Mike

Comment

I use fishing as an excuse to kayak, heading out of the Elk Neck State Park on Sat early. Will try to launch around 6:00am from North East Beach, First time in this area for me.
        Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
        Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

I won't be able to join you on Saturday. I'll be out of town. That's the only day this week I can't get on the water.
          Mike

Comment

Working...
          X