Maiden voyage on bay tomorrow!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maiden voyage on bay tomorrow!!

I am making my maiden voyage out in the bay tomorrow. I am gonna be using 3 inch Space Guppy MinnowZ on a jig head. Does anyone have some more suggestions for what to use other than jigs.

Also went out on Dividing Creek and caught 3 beautiful yellow perch and a beautiful 8-9" white perch, biggest I have ever seen. After that I managed to hook a pickerel but it threw the hook when I got it to the kayak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This was the perch

Comment

Where you are fishing, and what you are fishing for does make a difference,. A jighead with 3-4" plastics is a great all around striper lure. I generally have a top water and some kind of crank bait like a rattletrap available as well. For perch you want small spinners, gold and yellow seem popular this year. I've also had success with a very small crank bait. Bottom fishing will catch croaker or spot. I like to bounce a jig with 3" Gulp curly tail. Others use fish bites or bloodworms on a double dropper rig. I think you will find that many freshwater methods work in the salt.

Enjoy the voyage!
        Mike
        Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Half ounce jig with a 4 inch paddle tail, trolled around 2 mph will catch fish.
          Hobie fleet:
          2017 Quest 13
          2015 Outback
          2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
            Half ounce jig with a 4 inch paddle tail, trolled around 2 mph will catch fish.
            When I am trolling how far back is the bait?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Lagana View Post
              When I am trolling how far back is the bait?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
              Depends how deep the water is, and how far down the fish are. If you're in 5 feet or less, a short line; if your over 10', a decent cast back.
              Hobie fleet:
              2017 Quest 13
              2015 Outback
              2014 Outback

Comment

Working...
              X