Bait casting rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bait casting rod

I'm looking to buy a decent bait aster rod for trolling for stripers what would be a good one to buy 100 to 150 range

If your looking for just a trolling rod, there is no need for an expensive setup. I know a lot if the guys here (me included) just use good old ugly sticks. The newer gx2 ugly stick works well for me. To work lures I would move to something with more sensitivity like the shimano clarus or compre. Med. Action will work just fine. But for the larger fish I like a med/heavy.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    Tan-Tarpon 140
    Lime-Pelican Matrix
    Yellow-Scrambler XT

Comment

Damn bro I forgot ugly sticks and there cheap

Comment

Looking for just a rod with that budget or a combo?

If you're not looking to spend a ton on just a rod...I really like ugly stik tiger lites (I have 3 casting and 1 spinning). Hard to beat for the price (I use tiger lites to catch all kinds of fish, not just stripers). They are about to release ugly stik striper casting rods. I have a couple of 'striper' spinning rods and really like them as well. I will probably pick up one myself when they are released (I would have purchased one a few weeks ago instead of another tiger lite if they were available at the time).

Comment

Working...
        X