Bridge Trip / T-Shirt Drop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bridge Trip / T-Shirt Drop

First- Sorry if you have not received your shirt yet, last week was hectic and I didn't make it out of work in time to hit the post office. This week should be much better and I have about 5 ready to go out this afternoon. If you haven't mailed me your check yet, please do so or make other arrangements.

I am planning on heading straight from work tomorrow to the bridge to do a little jigging. If you live out that direction, please let me know if you can meet me at Anglers around 5 or so. I can also meet you around 9:30 on my way back down 50. If anyone wants to join up to fish, let me know.
    Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
    Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
    https://www.backyardboats.com/

Anglers at 5 to meet up?
    Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Sounds good to me. I have your number should I hit traffic. I'll probably pick up an eel too, just for kicks.

Comment

you launching from SPSP?
        Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Originally posted by Pinch View Post
          you launching from SPSP?
          Pinch, you are alive......

Comment

Hey Redfish,
            By chance will you be by Tysons at all again?

Comment

Originally posted by Redfish12 View Post
              First- Sorry if you have not received your shirt yet, last week was hectic and I didn't make it out of work in time to hit the post office. This week should be much better and I have about 5 ready to go out this afternoon. If you haven't mailed me your check yet, please do so or make other arrangements.

I am planning on heading straight from work tomorrow to the bridge to do a little jigging. If you live out that direction, please let me know if you can meet me at Anglers around 5 or so. I can also meet you around 9:30 on my way back down 50. If anyone wants to join up to fish, let me know.
              Would love to join you tomorrow. I'll be at Angler's at 5, if anything changes please let me know.
              Chesapeake Fish and Beer

Comment

Originally posted by Pinch View Post
                Anglers at 5 to meet up?
                Hey man, Where's Anglers?
                2010 Hobie Outback

Comment

off 50 before you get to the exit for SPSP. if you are driving east of 50 towards the baybridge its on the right i think the easiest way to get their is bay dale drive. i may be mistaken
                  Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Sounds good. I should be there by 5 with out incident. I think we'll launch from the ramps at SPSP since there will be several of us. I may go as far as the rock pile or over into the eastern channel. Depends on conditions. I've always had better luck on that side for some reason.

If you're interested in getting your shirt tomorrow, please let me know so I know to bring it. The second batch is not in yet, but I will let you know when it is shock so we can meet up.

Anglers is on RT 50 and is the exit or two before Sandy Point State Park (SPSP). Think you'll be there?

Comment

Well I'm still at work so I guess today is not going to happen. I haven't put the yak in the water in over a week... My hands are starting to shake! lol.
                      2010 Hobie Outback

Comment

I'm gonna try to jet out of work tomorrow early... I might be pushing the 5pm meet up time, but I'll call you. What are you jigging? I haven't jigged the bridge before, just livelined... what you using bucktails? BKDs?

MYT

Comment

I'll be jigging swamp munkeys, bkd's, and sassy shads. I'm bringing a couple circle hooks and some bottom rigs just incase we find some spot. Do you have any soft plastics? Storm shads work and I'm sure bucktails woul too. Too many snags for me to bucktail, those things are pricey.

Comment

Yeah I got BKD's...Storm Shads, but are they heavy enough to go deep? I was @ SPSP last week fishing and the spot were in pretty thick... not live lining size but then again I was using #2 hooks. I was surprised when I read JapaneseZero's report of him not catching any...

Comment

They work, just sit in the down current eddy and cast back upcurrent, reel slow and let it drop. Hard to do in kayak because of trying to hold your position. You can always paddle a diagonal upcurrent and troll it too, just go slow and let the current do the work. When the blues show up forget about soft plastics! I'm hoping they aren't thick yet...

Comment

Working...
                              X