a few casts this morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a few casts this morning

So i woke up at 0430 and made some white perch asparagus hash...which actually turned out amazing... and at 0530 there was just enough light to make some casts. i started with an albino Zara Spook and got two 23 inchers in two consecutive casts and i was super stoked. then i didn't get anything for maybe 10 or 15 minutes. so i then picked up my go to spinshad and caught 5 quick shorts and then nothing again. landed a few white perch as well during the lulls. but then i ran out of time around 0645 and had to go to court. and in-between all that i saw a doe swimming about 100 yards off of my pier. it seemed she missed the eddie cause she got caught by the current when she passed the point and went way out into the bay till i couldn't see her anymore. i doubt she made it but i have read deer can swim miles and miles. all the best wishes to her. i took pics of the fish and the deer but i can't find the dang cord to my camera but the pics are saved and when i find the cord ill post the pics of the deer. i was hoping on coming home from court to some evening fishing but the bay looks like a muddy washing machine now. oh well. besides next tuesday, i am off till the 23rd so i will have a ton of tight lines in my near future!!!
    Rich
    Hobie Pro Angler 2014 (Torqeedo Powered), Torqeedo solar panel with custom frame, Lowrance Elite-7 Chirp, sidekick (modified to fit)

Sounds like an excellent start to a great holiday!
    Bruce

Hobie PA 14
    Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

I hate you and your pier!
      Mike
      Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

ah Mike, the only time you came here first the water was shitty and that was before the stripers started coming in anyways. enjoy the next week in big water east and when you get back hit me up for the week after as i will be off and we will find a day that the wind agrees with us and we can get some at my pier my friend.
        Rich
        Hobie Pro Angler 2014 (Torqeedo Powered), Torqeedo solar panel with custom frame, Lowrance Elite-7 Chirp, sidekick (modified to fit)

Comment

Originally posted by fishinggod View Post
          ah Mike, the only time you came here first the water was shitty and that was before the stripers started coming in anyways. enjoy the next week in big water east and when you get back hit me up for the week after as i will be off and we will find a day that the wind agrees with us and we can get some at my pier my friend.
          So where exactly is this fabled pier anyway? :-)
          Are fish in the are in general or is it fortunately situated along a point or some structure.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
          Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
          Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
          Kokatat Pro Staff
          Torqeedo Pro Staff
          Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
          Alan

Comment

Alan, my pier sits on the outside of an edge caused by the point to my right. so i think the fish hold in the area to feed on all the baitfish that never leave my pier. thats my guess. but i'm no expert on any of this thats for sure.
            Rich

Comment

So not to sound like a smart ass, but who needs a kayak when you got a pier like that = more fish less work.
              Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
              Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Freddy, i always choose the pier first if they are biting. if there is a north or north east wind my pier is a washing machine of mud.
                Rich

Comment

Working...
                X