Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beverly-Triton Beach Park: Potential Permit

Hi all,

Anne Arundel County Department of Recreation & Parks is considering a permit for Beverly-Triton Beach Park. County residents might pay less for a BT permit. That's all I know.

My personal opinion is that Beverly-Triton doesn't need a permit and that permitting Beverly-Triton is going backwards. IF a permit is necessary, my personal opinion is that Beverly-Triton should be rolled into the existing county multi-park permit that now includes Fort Smallwood Park, Downs Park, Quiet Waters Park and Kinder Farm Park:

http://www.aacounty.org/RecParks/par...lwood/fees.cfm

My personal opinion is also that everyone should pay the same amount for any park permit, no matter where they live.

We're going to raise the issue at the Water Access Committee meeting on Wednesday, September 9th, 2015 at 6 pm at Old Mill High School, 600 Patriot Lane, Millersville MD 21108.

WAC Meeting Details: https://www.facebook.com/events/404079083122029/

It would help a lot if there were lots of people speaking up against a Beverly-Triton permit at the meeting.

FYI, and wish I had good news,

Lisa

Can we write in our protest?
    John Hostalka

Delaware Paddlesports and
    Hobie Fishing team member

2018 Camo Hobie Outback
    2015 Hobie Outback

Comment

Originally posted by jhoss View Post
      Can we write in our protest?
      What a great idea. Please email:

Steve Schuh, County Executive
      Anne Arundel County
      exschu00@aacounty.org

Rick Anthony, Director
      Anne Arundel County Department of Recreation and Parks
      RPANTH49@aacounty.org

Mike Lofton, Chair
      Anne Arundel Public Water Access Committee
      MSL49@aol.com

Thank you

Lisa

Comment

Letter's launched.

John
        John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
        MK Endura Max 55 backup power
        Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Comment

Alright folks, who is willing to voice their support to keep BT fee free? Think about how much of a pain it is to get a permit any time you wanna fish Queen Anne's ?
          John Hostalka

2018 Camo Hobie Outback
          2015 Hobie Outback

Comment

Steve Schuh replied to my email and said that he is committed to making more water access to the public. He noted that Beverly Triton can be made more accessible and he will be bringing the issue up to his Director of Recreation and Parks.

During his run for County Exec he said he wanted to make the bay more accessible and it appears that he is keeping to his platform.

John
            John

Vibe Skipjack 90

Comment

If anyone wants a copy of the letter I wrote, you can tweak it or just insert your name. Let me know.
              John Hostalka

2018 Camo Hobie Outback
              2015 Hobie Outback

Comment

Another answer to my email. From the Water Access Committee chair.

>
                > I agree. Multiple permits for multiple parks is NOT customer friendly.
                >
                > Mike Lofton, Chair
                > Anne Arundel Public Water Access Committee

John
                John

Vibe Skipjack 90

Comment

I have apprehension posting here... or participating... as you didn't respond to my PM mails last year.

But... if a permit is need, or course I would be opposed... at least make it a yearly permit.

None the less, thanks for all your efforts representing the community.

Comment

Working...
                  X