Clarkspoon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clarkspoon

Is a clark spoon something I can use in the bay and rivers?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Never owned one but it looks like it would catch fish.
    Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
    Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Good lure to troll for Spanish, blues and striper. Put a trolling egg sinker about 5' above the lure anda swivel
      Ryan
      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

I've used them for trolling but not from a yak. those combined with an inline planer are the staple of trollers in the southern md area
        Red 2015 Hobie Outback
        Olive 2015 PA 14

Comment

Dasher, you are def right. Shady , myself and some friends caught over 100 fish last Saturday . mostly on inline with Clark's. Some nice fish on light tackle as well. 76 blues, 24 macs , and some keeper rocks. Great trip down south
          2014 Hobie Dune Outback
          2013 Ocean Kayak Yellow Trident 13
          Rob

Comment

I plan on trolling some #1plainers from the yak this weekend. Should be fun
            2014 Hobie Dune Outback
            2013 Ocean Kayak Yellow Trident 13
            Rob

Comment

To cast one, use a cone worm weight in 1/4 - 1/2 oz right in front of one. Cast out and reel back fast.
              Young Apprentice

2015 Outback Papaya
              WS Ride 115 Mango
              WS Tarpon 100

Comment

I'm jealous! there is no fish better tasting that a spanish mackerel. They have been abundant in the mouth of the pax river for a couple of weeks. but now I'm 40 miles away by crow flight & almost 200 miles away by vehicle.
                Red 2015 Hobie Outback
                Olive 2015 PA 14

Comment

I don't know about that- I think a Cobia is one of the very best eating fish, but it is a beauty contest about the way fish are cooked, sauces, etc. I do like the taste of a freshly caught Spanish on the grill- I have had some really big Spanish Mackerel before and they still taste pretty decent- not like Rockfish when they get big, not one of my favorite eating fish...Clark spoons (especially the one with the red plastic trailer) are killers when the fish are feeding on silversides- and they are trolling the small red tubes as well- been some really nice catches of Cobia down in Southern Maryland, too...
                  "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                  2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                  "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                  Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

I've never caught or eaten a cobia. In fact the only fish I ever now buy is salmon. I've heard cobia called the black salmon. Spanish mackerel is so good smoked & makes an incredible fish dip. I fished Southern md for many years - never a cobia, i move and giant red drum appear & Cobia RIGHT WHERE I FISHED. If you have a clrk spoon with the red trailer that's the special spanish rig & i never had any better luck with it as opposed to the regular clark spoons. i should have said the smack are the best tasting bay fish ( dont think a rarely caught cobia count as a bay fish)
                    Red 2015 Hobie Outback
                    Olive 2015 PA 14

Comment

Working...
                    X