St Inigoes/Smith Creek report or lack there of

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St Inigoes/Smith Creek report or lack there of

so i had the pleasure of fishing with two other Snagliners (Gary and John) or (Yak67 and Snapper). we hit up Smith Creek just before daylight. Couldn't of asked for a better day of weather thats for sure. Pretty much the entire morning was watching Gary catch fish after fish. haha. He had the lucky bait today, or John and i were clueless which i feel may have been the case. the stripers didn't even like my favorite go to lure today. I'm sure the other two guys will give their take on the days events. i did get lucky enough to land a small flounder and add that to my species list. too bad it wasn't big enough to take home. I landed a few small speckled trout as well and one white perch. i gave an entire bag of gulp baits to the bluefish sadly. Heck, Gary even got some croaker in a spot i wouldn't of figured would hold them but i am no expert thats for sure. well after the creek fishing i offered to have them come over to see if my pier was gonna produce and John took me up on it as Gary had a honey-do list at home awaiting his arrival. Gary, you didn't miss anything. the bait balls were on the pier but so were a million needlefish that would surround your bait the entire way back to you on every cast. nothing was gonna happen today. despite the lack of fishcatchin, the company was great and i'm sure we will all be back on the water together soon to have another chance.
    Rich
    Hobie Pro Angler 2014 (Torqeedo Powered), Torqeedo solar panel with custom frame, Lowrance Elite-7 Chirp, sidekick (modified to fit)

I was just happy to be out on the water, it was a beautiful morning, and Gary and Rich were fun to fish with. I had some nibblers but no takers on the day, so hopefully some time soon I'll be able to get the skunk off my relatively new yak.

John

Comment

Working...
    X