Epic bite this morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epic bite this morning

What a turnaround from the below average fishing this weekend. at 0550 or so there was just a hint of light on the water. first cast BOOM!!! bring in a great fighting healthy 22.5 incher. then about 10 fish in the 18-19 inch range in about 20 casts and then another huge hit and after a fantastic battle around all the pilings, I bring in a 24.5 incher!!. I start my fishing vacation today and I sure hope the bite stays like this throughout the next two weeks. here are a few pics I took quickly before I had to clean the fish and head to work. my cutting board is 23 inches exactly for comparison. 20150908_062541_resized.jpg20150908_064818_resized.jpg
    Rich
    Hobie Pro Angler 2014 (Torqeedo Powered), Torqeedo solar panel with custom frame, Lowrance Elite-7 Chirp, sidekick (modified to fit)

I had a similiar day in Va. yesterday. Makes you think that maybe those marine biologists hit it right with the new slot size this year. Either way, it sure is a heck of a lot of fun. Nice job man...thanks for the report!

Comment

Great job took family out on Charter boat Sunday with no keepers except Perch and Blues.
      Drive it like you stole it!
      2011 Hobie PA 14

Comment

Great job!

Outback 2015
        Maui

Comment

It must be so nice to fish right out of your backyard. Good catch!

Comment

Please save some of that Mojo for the Wednesday morning. I need a keeper!
            Great job, keep us all smiling.

Yak67
            2015 Hobie PA 14

Comment

Gary, its so hit or miss at my house when concerning the wind. this morning was glass and when i get home from work its all mud and crashing white caps. if the wind is out of the south or north there is just too much water that it travels across before hitting my house. so it has time to build the waves. but it changes by the hour. living here, i have the advantage of sitting on my arse until it calms and then i walk out every 30 minutes till i time the bite. i will say that there are a ton of keepers on the main bay down here. if i catch a few fish in a row, 9 times outa 10 one of em will be a keeper. and lately the bigger fish have been very consistent weather permitting. i wish i could invite everyone from up north down when ever they wanted to visit but its hard to promise a bite. this wind sucks too cause its the perfect morning falling and low tide this week. what i tend to tell folks up north who wish to come down is plan on fishing smith creek or saint jeromes creek and if the wind is calm then we can fish my house instead. thats all i ever plan on anyways for myself.
              Rich
              Hobie Pro Angler 2014 (Torqeedo Powered), Torqeedo solar panel with custom frame, Lowrance Elite-7 Chirp, sidekick (modified to fit)

Comment

Working...
              X