Fishing rod holder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing rod holder

I am wondering if the rod holders in the hobbies revo will hold the rods while trolling? Is there a more stable rod holder you can buy to insert it into that hole? Thanks everyone for the help!

Hobie Revo 13
    www.tomlagana.net

I'm in a Hobie Outback and I typically use the front rod holders so I can see my rods. I haven't had an issue with the depth of the rod holders. If you want to get your reels higher off of the water, 1 1/4" PVC will slip into the rod holders just right. I bought two of the hobie rod holder extensions because I was pressed on time before an offshore trip and couldn't make any out of PVC.
    2015 Outback

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC32..._as=subscriber

Comment

Build a "rocket launcher" out of 1 1/4" schedule 40 PVC. See link in signature line for what I'm referring to. Built for an Outback, but with some changes to the design it will work for an kayak with molded in rod holders.
      Hobie fleet:
      2017 Quest 13
      2015 Outback
      2014 Outback

Comment

Tom,

I use these on my Revo:

http://www.amazon.com/Hobie-Holder-E...bie+rod+holder

I was concerned that fish would pull the rods out of the deck mounts or even the Hobie tubes but that has never happened.

Also, I find the tubes make it easier to reach my rods. So on occasion I'll use them for extra rod storage in addition to trolling with them.

However, I prefer to see my rod tips when I troll. So on some trips I use Scotty mounts on my BlackPak like this:

B.jpg

I angle the rods toward the front of the boat so that I can see the tips. Seeing the rod tips is my preference. It's not necessary to catch fish.

But the Hobie tubes (shown in the Amazon link above) provide a quick and easy trolling solution for your Revo that is less costly than the BlackPak/Scotty mount method. The tubes wedge into the existing Revo deck mounts with no cutting or drilling and can be removed easily. With them you'll hear the drag of your reel sing or you'll hear and feel your rod shaking when you have a strike. You don't have to see the rod tip vibrate to know you have a fish.

Good luck.
        Mark
        Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
        Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
        Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Hobie fleet:
          2017 Quest 13
          2015 Outback
          2014 Outback

Comment

Hobie also makes one that inserts into their short poorly designed one
            John Hostalka

Delaware Paddlesports and
            Hobie Fishing team member

2018 Camo Hobie Outback
            2015 Hobie Outback

Comment

Here's some other cheap alternatives as well
              http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...bie+rod+holder
              John Hostalka

Delaware Paddlesports and
              Hobie Fishing team member

2018 Camo Hobie Outback