Fantastic morning again!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantastic morning again!!!

so YAK67 (Gary) planned on coming down to fish with me and i told him that at 0500 i would call him while he is driving down to give him a weather update. so if it was windy at my place he would go to Smith Creek and ill meet him there. well when i call him, the wind is calm at my house but he is already at Smith Creek. So i tell him i want to wait till just day break to see if the stripers are at my pier and if so i will catch some and then come over to Smith. Well before day light at all, i make my very first cast in the dark and Wammo i land a 22.5 incher!!!!! So i immediately take a picture and send it to Gary. he then immediately calls back and says Smith Creek point is windy and he is headed my way. by the time he got here sadly the bite was gone, but id already gotten both fish i kept filleted and in the fridge so we launched at the beach. while he was putting in, i went back to my kitchen and made a quick ceviche to sit while we fished. we caught some spot and white perch but nothing of keeping size. and Gary caught what we think was a drum but I'm sure he will post a pic today so everyone can confirm or deny. That ceviche two hours later was fantastic. I love how Striper firms up for ceviche. i know Gary liked it. i sent Gary home with a few filets of striper as i had too much in the fridge from the past few days and this morning. i'm sure his wife will enjoy that. i'm hoping to get more keepers tomorrow and friday morning before i head up to the Tournament so i can make some of my ceviche for the potluck.
    Rich
    Hobie Pro Angler 2014 (Torqeedo Powered), Torqeedo solar panel with custom frame, Lowrance Elite-7 Chirp, sidekick (modified to fit)

Good job on getting the 2 keepers from you house early in the morning. Looking forward to seeing what Gary caught in the picture. I'll have to get down your way sometime to fish. It sounds like a nice area.

Outback 2015
    Maui

Comment

Thanks to Rich for a great time in the lower slower. I have another reason I am sorry to miss the potluck Friday night at the Tourney. His Ceviche is the best I have ever had!! This guy catches the fish, cleans it, then ceviche's it before you leave his house! What a host
      I hope to get back out there with him at "Happy Hour" in the morning.

Caught a fish.DSCN0259.jpg I don't know what this is? Big Mike says I am always conjuring up fish where they should not be

Yak67
      2015 Hobie PA-14

Comment

that pic did turn out good and my pier is even in the background. it is a cool looking fish for sure. i did ceviche again for dinner but i used fresh oranges with the lemon. turned out tasty as well. hopefully the wind stays calm for the morning bite and we can put some more in the fridge and send you home with more as well.
        Rich
        Hobie Pro Angler 2014 (Torqeedo Powered), Torqeedo solar panel with custom frame, Lowrance Elite-7 Chirp, sidekick (modified to fit)

Comment

Originally posted by Yak67 View Post
          Thanks to Rich for a great time in the lower slower. I have another reason I am sorry to miss the potluck Friday night at the Tourney. His Ceviche is the best I have ever had!! This guy catches the fish, cleans it, then ceviche's it before you leave his house! What a host
          I hope to get back out there with him at "Happy Hour" in the morning.

Caught a fish.[ATTACH=CONFIG]17018[/ATTACH] I don't know what this is? Big Mike says I am always conjuring up fish where they should not be

Yak67
          2015 Hobie PA-14
          I believe the mystery fish is a juvenile black drum, but I may be wrong.
          Last edited by Fishinfool; 09-09-2015, 08:40 PM.

Comment

That looks like a black drum. Nice catch.

Mobile

Outback 2015
            Maui

Comment

That indeed is a black drum. I'm catching them frequently here in the surf on the Outer Banks this week. Little bait stealers is what they are as well.
              Mike
              Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Nice job guys.

Comment

Yeah, Rich is an excellent host and a great guy.... and yes he can cook.

Comment

It is a lil black drum. I caught 1 in OC last summer about the same size. I look forward to meeting you guys on friday & tasting the ceviche.

Comment

Working...
                    X