Feel like i went 12 rounds!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feel like i went 12 rounds!!!

I walked outside about 45 minutes ago and saw boiling water. figured blues but so i went out and made my first cast. about halfway i got slammed and then the fish decided to take atlas 50 yards of line like lightning. at first i thought i had a massive striper but then as it started rising i saw that side fin roll.......well i've never hooked a cow nose ray before and it was my last GO TO lure so the fight was on. after a 30 minute battle of that fish taking line and almost spooling me and about 150 yards down the beach in the neighbors property she gives and comes to the beach. being a CNR rookie, i didn't know if it had teeth or if it hard a barb on the tail so i flipped it using the butt of my rod. the fish had to be 35-40 pounds. it was massive. Got my Lure back so thats another huge win!!! from a boat i assume it would be a bit easier letting it take you to it, but from shore it was all in the fishes favor. i am wore the crap out!!! best battle I've had since South America last year. can't wait to battle again with one. but not today....not today....
    Rich
    Hobie Pro Angler 2014 (Torqeedo Powered), Torqeedo solar panel with custom frame, Lowrance Elite-7 Chirp, sidekick (modified to fit)

Well Done! A lot of folks get broken off with these bruisers and the fact that you were able to land it and get your lure back is awesome!

eyedaddy

Comment

http://youtu.be/GYDOCbhEwLo
      I know a lot of people cut the line right away when they hook one but the only one I've hooked fought like a cobia. That barb on the tail really worried me though. I was fishing near Stingray Point where Captain John Smith got stabbed in the shoulder by a cnr 400 years ago right after mapping the Chesapeake. I let it keep my $5 Spro jig.

Mike

Comment

Did you bring the roasted potato's They were good..

And we missed you Sunday. the fishing was fair

Comment

Working...
        X