Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TKAA 11th Annual "Fish For Charity" Anyone going ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's predicted to be ENE winds which means you will be better protected in places like the Eastern Shore like kiptopeke but it'll be pricey because you have to pay the tolls which is around $15 one way.

Other places you could try is HRBT on the Hampton side. Launch at Ft Monroe marina.
    Lynnhaven Inlet.
    Rudee Inlet.

Just look at the map and imaging the winds coming from the ENE side.

It's going to rain so that will suck.

Comment

Got to my campsite tonight, I drove over the Lynnhaven inlet bridge to get to First landing. The bay looks horrible, huge breakers but surprisingly Lynnhaven looks pretty calm. I think that will be my target for tomorrow lots of places to get into in order to be even more sheltered. I do agree safety in numbers. Do all the Snaggedline guys want to meet up tomorrow at the captains meeting? Also if anyone wants to fish Friday PM me. It's always more fun with company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Travis
      Dune Hobie Pro Angler 12
      Orange Old Town NEXT
      USN

Comment

I fished rudee on Monday and honestly with the ne wind it sucked butt fumes. I was almost thinking first landings 64th street launch. Looks a little more protected to me than the main lynhaven inlet area.

Wish I could fish tomorrow but I have to work and will be pushing getting to the captains meeting on time.

Check out the map in the link below for some tips on the main inlet
        https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...8Y3lyhuOQuvFqw

Comment

Thanks for the map. Some good starting points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Travis
          Dune Hobie Pro Angler 12
          Orange Old Town NEXT
          USN

Comment

No problem maybe we will catch up tomorrow night or sat

Comment

Just got here. HRBT hampton side looked real calm, but other side of the tunnel looked bad. I have been out at cbbt in worse waves before, but water was churned up real bad. Heading out fishing in the morning anyway, but nowhere near HRBT or cbbt.

Comment

Hrbt has been dead all year.

Comment

Anyone from Loudoun/Fairfax county down there? It turns out something happened to my hotel reservations and now I have none. With the weather being what it is, I'm going going to skip this event.

Can someone pickup my captain's bag for me and I'll meet up with you sometime later?

Comment

Working...
                  X