Oc inlet fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oc inlet fishing

Has the fishing neat the inlet/ bridge picked up? Anyone have anything to report?

thanks
    Red 2015 Hobie Outback
    Olive 2015 PA 14

I took a quick trip down this past weekend and had little luck from stinky beach or the bridge(I didn't take the yak down). A few throw back flounder, the normal small sea bass and a pretty sizeable ray. On the plus side it looks like the tog are back. I caught about a half dozen in 3 hours on sunday morning, all short, but at least it's good sign. I did see some throw back stripers caught by boats live lining spot off Martha's Landing. Inshore reports from the bay charters are pretty much the same. Hopefully the next few weeks with dropping water temps the bite will pick up.

Comment

went down this weekend, was planning to fish the south inlet and south bay side. but couldn't fish any of it. because there is some type of construction on going south of the inlet with a large pipe blocking almost all of the south jetty.

buddy of mine caught sheepshead and triggers from the north inlet shore. It was mostly short black sea bass.

as usual, the morning before i left the inlet was clam. At low tide and I probably could have made it out and fished the ocean side of the south inlet.

Comment

Yeah they were towing that pipe out there when I was out last week. I haven't been back since to see how they complete the setup. So it's all the way along the south jetty? Are their barges and equipment tied up there too?
        Brian

Comment

Barges were still south of the inlet when I left and the pipe was blocking at least 1!2 of the south jetty down to the barges. So if the water is right you can fish 1/2 of the south jetty closet to the ocean. The barges were a good way down so I went to the 50 bridge and caught a bunch of short black Sea bass.I tried the inlet but the water was too rough when I was kayaking.

Comment

Working...
          X