Ready to go fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ready to go fishing

Hello all were are the best places to launch from and what type of fish would I be targeting? Im thinking about going out on Sat for a while looking for some ideas and some good folks to run with.

Go to some flat water first

Originally posted by bassman27 View Post
    Hello all were are the best places to launch from and what type of fish would I be targeting? Im thinking about going out on Sat for a while looking for some ideas and some good folks to run with.
    Don't know if you said anything about your paddling experience. If you are a paddling novice, I would recommend a pond or sheltered lake for your shakedown cruise. You needn't be a white water expert but checking out a video on basic paddling strokes, sweeps, etc could be helpful. Got a couple - pm me if you're interested in borrowing or kicking back to watch.

If you're experienced, you should still go with someone, mate, and wear a PFD. Know you've heard it before but you will hear it again if you hang here.

If you are convenient to PG county, let me know and we can go to Jug Bay. In Montgomery county, you might check out Black Hills state park if the winds are calm.

Comment

Might hit tridelphia on saturday morning if that is of interest.
      Malibu Stealth 14
      Perception Caster 12.5

Comment

Im pretty confortable with my paddling experience to this point and the youtube vids definently help out as well im in upper marlboro right by the courthouse Jug Bay would be interesting what day would you want to go out sat perhaps

Comment

do you need a special sticker for tridelphia

Comment

5 bucks i think for the day
            Malibu Stealth 14
            Perception Caster 12.5

Comment

Get your Tridelphia ticket at Brighton Dam

Originally posted by fredneckyaker View Post
              5 bucks i think for the day
              Bright dam offic is open Saturdays, 5 bucks good for Tridelphia or Rocky Gorge.

I may be small mouth fishing on a float Saturday. Will know more tomorrow.

Comment

BAB going to yak it saturday with dad and kids in his boat if interested.
                Malibu Stealth 14
                Perception Caster 12.5

Comment

Will let you know

Originally posted by fredneckyaker View Post
                  BAB going to yak it saturday with dad and kids in his boat if interested.
                  My PA is out of business until Ryan gets me my replacement mast. But still got the PA and I may go on a float Saturday. You're taking the Yak?

Comment

Working...
                  X