Aruba Fishing Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aruba Fishing Report

Hey guys, stepped out the US last week to stay in Aruba for a week. Couldn't go down there and not fish!!! Right?! Talked to some locals and got hooked up with The MoonRay. Took 2 friends with me and together we got 10 fish. 7 MahiMahi, and Barracuda, and 2 Amberjack.

Also one day while sitting on the beach i saw the sillowhette of a kayaker fishing out in the ocean. He seemed to get closer and closer, turns out he fishes for his food to survive he can be seen here! He caught a tuna at a tugboat wreck. Hopefully he will join Snaggedline I informed him about it.

kayaker.jpgIMG_0114.jpg

anyways I posted a video on my kayak fishing channel on youtube. Check it out!

Video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C10nVJAR71M

Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZK...exWOTj0f4z80lw
    Zach Bennett
    Linthicum MD
    2014 Hobie Outback
    Instagram: YakinZak
    Youtube: YakinZak
    Email: Yakinzak@gmail.com

Apparently everyone is too jealous to reply. So am I but I'd like to give you props for A. Going somewhere exotic, B. Fishing, C. Meeting cool people . Sounds like a great week!

Comment

Originally posted by snapper View Post
      Apparently everyone is too jealous to reply. So am I but I'd like to give you props for A. Going somewhere exotic, B. Fishing, C. Meeting cool people . Sounds like a great week!
      Jealous - Hell Yes!! Thanks for sharing the post. Glad you got to connect with the locals. I would be willing to bet that, for the price of a bag of groceries, you could have rented his rig for a day
      Bruce

Hobie PA 14
      Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

This is a terrible post and 10 lashings for making us jealous... but yes good idea to ask the locals to borrow their kayak. Did you pack your own gear down? PFD rod reels? Did you bring lures or just bait?

Comment

Thank you all,

I didn't go out on a kayak, the kayak and the guy featured is the local that survives off of the fish he catches. I went out on a deep sea boat for trophy fish. I however did talk to the captain about renting a kayak and rod and reel for next time. He said for me to call him for the rod and reel, pfd, and lures and that the Main high rises and resorts will have hobie and ocean sit on tops that i could rent for the day for about $100. So this is definitely on my list for next time!

ps. what makes the deep sea trip even cooler is that the captain made his own lures and they work like a charm
          Zach Bennett
          Linthicum MD
          2014 Hobie Outback

Comment

I'm horribly offended that I was not invited!!! ... and I'm jealous!
            - Justin
            2017 Native Watercraft Titan 13.5
            2018 Jackson Coosa

Comment

Originally posted by jmt1980 View Post
              I'm horribly offended that I was not invited!!! ... and I'm jealous!
              now that im back and my weekends are free! when do you want to hit the water again for RockTober
              Zach Bennett
              Linthicum MD
              2014 Hobie Outback

Comment

sounds like an awesome trip! I'm actually hunting around for places like this to take my wife, how were the beaches, restaurants, hotels?
                2015 Hobie Outback
                2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

Originally posted by silasvirus82 View Post
                  sounds like an awesome trip! I'm actually hunting around for places like this to take my wife, how were the beaches, restaurants, hotels?
                  Beaches were great! Restaurants , no complaints! and not too sure about the hotels we stayed at Casa Del Mar which is a small resort (timeshare) on Eagle Beach.

I brought 6 mahi mahi back from my trip and the restraunt at the timeshare (Matthews Bar and Grill) cooked it up and served us rice and veggies for no cost.

food.jpg
                  Zach Bennett
                  Linthicum MD
                  2014 Hobie Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Zbennett9 View Post
                    now that im back and my weekends are free! when do you want to hit the water again for RockTober
                    I'm in the middle of a kitchen remodel (joy!) so I can't always make it out... but I'm pretty sure I still have your number so if I know I can sneak away I'll hit you up and we can get something planned. I got out Saturday AM and caught only my 2nd keeper (23") so far... I wouldn't mind a few more if I can find the time. My wife certainly isn't complaining about having fish in the fridge so I try to use that as leverage for free time LOL
                    - Justin
                    2017 Native Watercraft Titan 13.5
                    2018 Jackson Coosa

Comment

Originally posted by jmt1980 View Post
                      I'm in the middle of a kitchen remodel (joy!) so I can't always make it out... but I'm pretty sure I still have your number so if I know I can sneak away I'll hit you up and we can get something planned. I got out Saturday AM and caught only my 2nd keeper (23") so far... I wouldn't mind a few more if I can find the time. My wife certainly isn't complaining about having fish in the fridge so I try to use that as leverage for free time LOL

Sweet! sounds good man! Just let keep me posted
                      Zach Bennett
                      Linthicum MD
                      2014 Hobie Outback

Comment

Working...
                      X