Going SPSP Saturday 7/02

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going SPSP Saturday 7/02

Going to hit the bridge EARLY tomorrow am. Plan on getting there between 4/4:30 am to go do a little livelineing. Got some infor on where some spot were in the area, already have bloods for bait. For those of you I havent met, green Hobie Outback, usually looking like a porcupine. But I may cut it down to 5-6 rods tomorrow. Time to try out the new live well. Planning on going across and fishing the eastern side of the bay which is why the early start. Also usuing the lazy mans trailer for the first time so I think the only option is the park for trailer parking. Napping is scheduled for the afternoon! Hope to see a few of you out there!

Nice me and a buddy are hitting the bridge around 6:30am. Its his first time at the bridge so we will stick to western shore. Look for the Orange Trident with a chubby chap flailing away with a paddle.

This will also be my first water test of the live well. Hopefully i will find some spot to fill her up. Were your spot locations in shallower water say 8ft to 12ft?

Comment

i plan on being out there too
      sigpic

Comment

well then since everyone else is going i may have to show up....gotta was the bb skunk off.
        Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Is SPSP open that early? I remember last year I had to wait until 8 am to open. Don't remember if that was late Fall hours.
          2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
          2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
          2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

typically its open 24/7 for boaters/fisherman...(closed nightly during the Christmas lights in winter), if no one is at gate, you just have to stick money into the automated machine
            sigpic

Comment

Live update....woke up late, stuck in bay bridge traffic at severn river traffic, thinkin about turning around
              sigpic

Comment

Stuck with it, only on water for 2.5 hours, full report later in boatyard forum
                sigpic

Comment

Well, Pinch was there early in his Torque, what a sweet ride. We went all the way across to the eastern side. Lots of Spot and Perch, and the spot were all big, I mean eating size, but we decided to use them for bait anyway. A side note, if you intend on sticking 15 spot in a five gallon bucket, use a 2 inch drain and run the well continously. Needless to say I had a 1 inch drain. I think I am going to put the intake on the bottom if I can make the hose and fittings go through the crate. Every live fish got eaten, but we were have almost zero success hooking up. I think we boated 2 rock but had numerous times the spot were eaten and line was screaming from the bait feeders. 3 count, 5 count, seven count, almost every one no hookups, using a size big circle hook and nose hooking the spot. Any suggestions out there? Exhausted after nine hours on the water. Pinch used up 2 full batteries and had to paddle back. Now I am rebuilding my motor with liquid carbs. A fun day, but alas, no dinner. I did boat 1 keeper rock, but he managed to make a daring escape from the bottom of the boat by flopping onto my lap and over the side, he was small enough that I just lifted him into the hobie without using the bogas. Make that a second note to self.

Comment

Originally posted by dhmjd View Post
                    Well, Pinch was there early in his Torque, what a sweet ride. We went all the way across to the eastern side. Lots of Spot and Perch, and the spot were all big, I mean eating size, but we decided to use them for bait anyway. A side note, if you intend on sticking 15 spot in a five gallon bucket, use a 2 inch drain and run the well continously. Needless to say I had a 1 inch drain. I think I am going to put the intake on the bottom if I can make the hose and fittings go through the crate. Every live fish got eaten, but we were have almost zero success hooking up. I think we boated 2 rock but had numerous times the spot were eaten and line was screaming from the bait feeders. 3 count, 5 count, seven count, almost every one no hookups, using a size big circle hook and nose hooking the spot. Any suggestions out there? Exhausted after nine hours on the water. Pinch used up 2 full batteries and had to paddle back. Now I am rebuilding my motor with liquid carbs. A fun day, but alas, no dinner. I did boat 1 keeper rock, but he managed to make a daring escape from the bottom of the boat by flopping onto my lap and over the side, he was small enough that I just lifted him into the hobie without using the bogas. Make that a second note to self.
                    Try hooking the bait below the dorsal fin next time, see if that helps. If the bass were striking the spot from the rear, they might've gotten all of them into their mouths except for the front half (especially if the spot were large).
                    2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Working...
                    X