anyone launching from Dundalk area or nearby this weekend? 10/16-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone launching from Dundalk area or nearby this weekend? 10/16-18

I'd like to get on the water Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Let me know if anyone would be able join me anytime this weekend. Or if I could join you. If I launch by myself, I'll be putting in somewhere close to the key bridge in the Dundalk area. I'm open to suggestions. I just want to get on the water and go after some Rockfish.
    Mike
    2012 Hobie Outback - Olive
    2012 Hobie Revo 13 - Sand

Dunno if I'll be able to, but I'm hoping to get out for a couple of hours Sunday morning. I didn't plan on going down that way but if you do well today and tomorrow let us know. I grew up fishing in Dundalk, wouldnt mind trying it in a kayak.
    Mike

Comment

Ok, I'll keep you posted. I've actually been out in that area a few times last week. I've caught and kept a few just over 20" so far. And caught and released several under 20". I've even caught a few yellow perch on the same lures. And a few white perch on worms.
      Mike

Comment

I got out for a little more than an hour tonight before it got dark. Launched by myself. But ran into another Snaggedliner who was on his way back in. He said he caught sone nice ones and pointed me in the right direction. I managed to catch 3 Rockfidh all under 10". I'll try again tomorrow.
        Mike

Comment

Hi Mike, nice to meet you on the water yesterday. Glad you got into some dink action, the larger ones seemed to be deeper in 12-15' FOW. Look at some charts and at the main branch of the creek beyond where we were. You'll see a channel line of 12-15' water. I've had success trolling with or across the current in this area (or the mouth of the creek). I would definitely suggest picking up slightly heavier jig heads to run. Any of the standard white ones with orange or red eyes will work or if you want to hunt for them, I've found SPROs work exceptionally well.

If I go for the late afternoon run, I usually stay for an hour or two past dusk as larger action seems to pick up then. You may want to consider that and pick up a nav light and headlamp if so inclined.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          -Omid

2015 ivory outback

Comment

@Dimo, thanks for the tips about the deeper water. But, today, I couldn't get out to the spots you mentioned because the winds were too high as I left the creek. I just turned around and trolled the protected creek with the lure that you gave me. The deepest I could find was 9 feet. I trolled for a few hours with no bites. But, as I was leaving, a 16" or so hit the lure pretty hard. At least I got something for the day.

I'll try again tomorrow and see what happens. Hopefully the winds will be agreeable. If anyone wants to join me, please let me know and we can pick a spot and time to meet.
            Mike

Comment

Working...
            X