Rod repair service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rod repair service

Last week as I loaded up after a trip, I looked at one of my rods and saw that the ceramic ring on one guide had broken loose -- the guide needed to be replaced. I can replace rod tips myself, but don't have the thread-wrapping equipment to do an interior guide. I sent a note to Ken Preston, a rod builder and repair guy in Pasadena, who had done some work for me last winter. I was disappointed to learn that he had recently moved to another state. Ken recommended that I call Wayne Bickford to help me. I gave the damaged rod to Wayne on Tuesday afternoon. He returned the repaired rod to me today. He told me I could come to his home or he could meet me at some other mutually agreeable location -- we met at a Home Depot lot near my home. I was very pleased with the quality of his work, and I appreciated his responsiveness.

If you live within an easy drive of Crofton and need any rod repairs keep Wayne in mind. His phone number is 301-412-4973.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

John,

Thanks for the tip. I have been going to Shore Tackle in Kent Narrows of the few repairs I have had to do. It is nice to have a couple of options. One thing about ST is that their custom rods are to die for. It is always nice to check them out when I go there - they are a little out of pocket book range for me, but they sure are beautiful rods. If I had a fishing motor boat I would consider one but a kayak is just too rough on rods and reels to spend that kind of cash on one.

T.
    Terry Hill

<*)))><{ <*)))><{

<*)))><{

<*)))><{

Santa Cruz RAPTOR

Comment

Just had the same issue, used Clydes in Lansdowne and am really happy with the quallity of the repair. Prices were very reasonable.

Comment

Working...
      X