I'd rather be fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd rather be fishing

Beautiful fall day out there. Anyone else at work and wish they were fishing?! Catch some for me if you're out there, fellas.
    Michael
    Washington, DC
    Hobie Outback

Same. Too much client work stacked up, need to focus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -Omid

2015 ivory outback

Comment

I fished this morning. But now i have to pay for it. I 'll be working till 8 now.

But it was worth it. 70 degrees, no wind and a good tide.

Comment

Sorry to rub it in, but it was a beautiful day on the Severn. I fished the river mouth for 3 hours in calm, windless conditions. I found fewer working birds than had been reported, but did find plenty of Arkansas fish (little rock -- 10" range). I kept moving and eventually got two keeper-sized fish. One was 21" and other at least 23" (it swam around aggressively and tangled three lines. I got a look at it close up, but it threw the hook as I grabbed the leader). There were extensive mats of leaves, even in the middle of the river. They were not everywhere, but I still needed to check my lures frequently for leaf debris.

They preferred 3" Fat Sam mullet paddletails on 1/2-oz jigheads over bucktails with 4.5" paddletails.
        John Veil
        Annapolis
        Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

I finally got off early enough to make it to my house and get on the water before dark yesterday. As I was hooking my kayak up to the truck I saw a nice buck down by the water so I rushed in the house, got my bow, put on a camo shirt and hat and started my stalk along the tree line. After a painstaking stock I was finally within 70 yards and the buck was still bedded and along come one of those noisy clam boats and scares the buck off. So I didn't get to fish or harvest the buck with my bow. Hoping to get off early today and make it onto the water!
          Drive it like you stole it!
          2011 Hobie PA 14

Comment

Fished after work on my friends boat. We fished the upper bay. There were birds working over schools of small fish, they were mostly 13'' or so. We fished some shorelines and got some nice white perch and yellow perch. We also got some more stripers including a 20'' and a 23". The water was like glass. A beautiful day to be on the water.

Comment

Plastic boat & I fished the Flats this afternoon. I caught more grass than a herd of hungry cows can eat in a day while pb caught stripers( limited out), yp, & wp. Eventually, my luck changed & the spookmasters surrounded me once they saw my rods bending. The highlight of the day was me hooking up w/ a fat 21" striper despite the spookmasters. As one revved up his engines to jet away I made one more cast into left field before going in & I hooked up w/a nice catfish. All in all I had a quadruple species slam of keepers to celebrate my Mom's birthday( rock, yp, wp, catfish)...and the birds helped us out too.
              Did I fail to mention it was a beautiful day, water was like glass, near 70 degrees & sunny?

Comment

Working...
              X