got the dry suit now I need paddle shoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got the dry suit now I need paddle shoes

Can someone recommend some brands of paddle shoes that you were and pros/cons. Thanks

got the dry suit now I need paddle shoes

Sweet! When comparing options, I decided I cared about insulation, wear comfort and waterproofing. This negated many of the croc-like options that would conduct cold weather. Also dropped the idea of wading boots because of how they felt uncomfortable at the crease when test peddling. I happened to be at BPS and came across this boot in the aisle:

http://m.basspro.com/RedHead-Camo-Pa...oduct/2229408/

Trying it on I noticed two things: 1) it was insanely comfortable, like surrounding your foot with the down of a thousand baby geese and 2) it was WARM, even with my normal athletic socks I was wearing in the store. At $40 bucks, it was a steal to pick up and try out for a couple times on the water. I've probably put about 20 hours in these things and they're rock solid. Comfortable, warm, grippy and almost completely water proof. The only downside is that the printed fabric does get slightly wet if it slips out of the neoprene/rubber cuff of my dry suit. I've remedied that with a little redneck engineering, spraying some rubberized sealant stuff in that area making it all better. Also, it sounds stupid but even having the leather pull tabs at the top of the boot make pulling then on a breeze. Can't say the same for my wife's $200 branded fashion "rain boot".

Thumbs up recommend as an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -Omid

2015 ivory outback

Comment

Kokatat Scout's are simple and fit well. Basically are neoprene booties with a rubber sole.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
      Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
      Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
      Kokatat Pro Staff
      Torqeedo Pro Staff
      Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
      Alan

Comment

Went to local dive shop and bought a pair of dive boots with side zippers one size up. They have a rubber sole that actually goes up the back of the boot a little ways so when I am sitting I kayak my heel actually is resting on this part of the sole.

Comment

got this

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...rch_detailpage

very comfortable and holding up well. I am in NYC, so 7mm comes handy - they have the same ones in 5mm if you dont need the extra insulation

Comment

I wear Teva sandals, they are kind of expensive but work year round.
            Hobie fleet:
            2017 Quest 13
            2015 Outback
            2014 Outback

Comment

NRS makes some good ones as well. When you are looking at the water shoes think about sizing up one size. By the time you add in thick socks and the feet of the drysuit you will be a size up.
              WS ATAK

Comment

My winter choice...

http://www.austinkayak.com/products/...dary-Shoe.html
                <insert witty comment here>

Comment

I wear a pair of simms neoprene wading socks and sandals. The socks are dual use when i go out fly fishing during warm months or shallow water. If it's going to get wet I use and old pair of rain pants the military made me buy.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
                  PigPen - Mt Airy
                  Native Mariner 12.5

Comment

7mil neoprene booties from NRS I think. Any dive shop or dive shop retailer should have some. Does your suit have socks or neoprene booties?
                    Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                    Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                    https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X