Wye Landing - Mon 8:00 am

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wye Landing - Mon 8:00 am

Several of the Old Guys Who Like to Fish (JRentch, Mark, and me) are launching at Wye Landing Mon morning at 8:00 and plan to fish the Wye River for several hours. This is in Talbot County. Trailers must have a permit ($40 for the year – no daily pass). Kayaks transported without a trailer do not need a permit.

None of us have experience with fishing that location. Therefore this will be primarily an exploring trip with only modest catching expectations. The main river is deep, but there are plenty of points and drop-offs. There are numerous creeks/tributaries off the main river that present good casting opportunities. The Wye is a beautiful river at any time – with fall foliage, it should be spectacular.

Other Snaggedline members are welcome to join us. The air temp is supposed to be cold over Sunday night. Be prepared to bundle up.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

I was there a week ago. The plastic color of choice by far was White. Smaller fish liked the 4" but I caught a better grade of fish 18-19" with a couple keepers mixed in with 6" plastic. Shoreline trolling was still effective. The 18+" fish are good fighters this time of year! Good luck- wish I could join you.

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post
    Several of the Old Guys Who Like to Fish (JRentch, Mark, and me) are launching at Wye Landing Mon morning at 8:00 and plan to fish the Wye River for several hours. This is in Talbot County. Trailers must have a permit ($40 for the year – no daily pass). Kayaks transported without a trailer do not need a permit.

None of us have experience with fishing that location. Therefore this will be primarily an exploring trip with only modest catching expectations. The main river is deep, but there are plenty of points and drop-offs. There are numerous creeks/tributaries off the main river that present good casting opportunities. The Wye is a beautiful river at any time – with fall foliage, it should be spectacular.

Other Snaggedline members are welcome to join us. The air temp is supposed to be cold over Sunday night. Be prepared to bundle up.

Comment

Elsea,

Many thanks.
      Mark
      Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
      Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
      Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Wye Landing - Mon 8:00 am

I've launched from Wye landing several times and love the less developed shoreline it offers, plus the colors going on right now. Close to the launch offers good perch action with minimal effort. At the deeper points on the south branch, action gets bigger. Have fun!

Track from earlier in the summer with some midnight bank feeding action going on:

Tip: the 1' spot at the top point is a GREAT landing for beaching your yak, walking out into the river and casting --esp dropping to low tide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        -Omid

2015 ivory outback

Comment

Thanks for the tips.
          John Veil
          Annapolis

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

No worries, just wish I could just join y'all.

-Omid

2015 ivory outback

Comment

John, not sure if you remember me or not, but you, me and Mark fished the Severn spring before last. I'm going to make the trip down in the morning. See you at 8:00, thanks for the invite. Always wanted to get on the Wye.

-Dan Goddard, 2014 desert camo Jackson Big Rig

Comment

I was thinking of fishing there on wed. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Yak Diesel View Post
                  John, not sure if you remember me or not, but you, me and Mark fished the Severn spring before last. I'm going to make the trip down in the morning. See you at 8:00, thanks for the invite. Always wanted to get on the Wye.

We will look for you. If we are not there, call us on VHF Channel 68.
                  John Veil
                  Annapolis

Comment

Working...
                  X