Duck hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duck hunting

Does anyone ducks hunt out of theIraq kayak it's something I want to try this winter just not sure where to start

Originally posted by Noahtom View Post
    Does anyone ducks hunt out of theIraq kayak it's something I want to try this winter just not sure where to start
    I've been thinking about this myself, around here it feels like you need to know somebody to get a good spot. Hoping somebody chimes in here with different news.
    2015 Hobie Outback
    2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

I have done it. Threw two big anchors one per side and tied the line right to help with stability so I didn't turtle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Where do u hunt, or are there any public spots tou know of to do it

Comment

Me and some buddies use blind sites on the magothy.
          The guys are usually close in the boat at another site.
          800 yards off shore would be considered sea duck zone, but I am not that brave in January.
          There are public access points throughout Maryland, check the dnr website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Literally thousands of acres of public hunting on the Eastern Shore. Blackwater, Fishing Bay, Deal Island, Muddy Hole Rd., etc. Check out the DNR website.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
            Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
            2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Potomac River near Sharpsburg is where it's at. You could make a float trip out of it, or setup some decoys and start calling.
              Zack
              Camo 2014 OK Trident Ultra 4.7
              Blue 2015 Ascend FS12T
              "WV RiverRat" on Youtube.

Comment

Just getting started on my yak blind and repainting decoys .....already finished making v-board silhouettes
                20151111_124425.jpg20151017_150023.jpg
                14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
                2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Nice V-Boards. Good luck this year.

Comment

I made some V boards out of pressure treated 2x2 and the wood takes on water and started sinking slowly after about 2 to 3 hours. What wood did you use?
                    "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

My Blog "Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer"

Comment

I built a BUNCH years ago (like 80 sets) and used 1x2 fir from the cheapo depot. Held up fine. 8' long board cut into 1/3 segments at 32" each.

I have since switched over to the new plastic ones (sitting-ducks).

img026.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by archeryrob View Post
                        I made some V boards out of pressure treated 2x2 and the wood takes on water and started sinking slowly after about 2 to 3 hours. What wood did you use?
                        i used cedar. it's light, buoyant, strong. problem is it will split if you don't pre drill everything. I know old timers who used spruce but i don't know where to get that. For my goose v boards i'll use slightly bigger cedar boards an place some light Thompson Waterseal or some other silicone sealer on the bottom side and paint the tops.
                        My experience is that pressure treated lumber is not particularly buoyant due to the whole process.

Comment

Originally posted by Skidsteer View Post
                          I built a BUNCH years ago (like 80 sets) and used 1x2 fir from the cheapo depot. Held up fine. 8' long board cut into 1/3 segments at 32" each.

I have since switched over to the new plastic ones (sitting-ducks).
                          can you post a pic of your "gear box" on those old ones?

Comment

Originally posted by kevinfry View Post
                            can you post a pic of your "gear box" on those old ones?
                            I'm sure there's one around here somewhere - I'll look.

Comment

that would be great. That is the one part of mine i am not satisfied with

Comment

Working...
                              X