Pickerel fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickerel fishing

During the next few weeks, I would like to fish for pickerel, something I have not done before, on purpose at least. Any suggestions on methods, lures, areas, etc.? As always, I appreciate any and all advice and information.
    Jim McFalls
    MSG US Army Retired
    US Army Field Band Jazz Ambassadors Class of 1998

2018 Hobie Revo 13 - Sea Grass
    2015 Elie Coast 120XE Angler - Yellow/White
    2015 Pelican Unison 136t Tandem - Orange/White
    Instagram - @jmcfalls1960
    YouTube - Jimbo the Fishin' Musician

Ask John Veil (J.A. Veil) for a copy of his Power Point presentation on Pickerel. It is very comprehensive and locally relevant - An excellent starting point.
    Bruce

Hobie PA 14
    Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Originally posted by Jim McFalls View Post
      During the next few weeks, I would like to fish for pickerel, something I have not done before, on purpose at least. Any suggestions on methods, lures, areas, etc.? As always, I appreciate any and all advice and information.
      As EMSer said ask J.A Veil has an excellent presentation. As far as lures I have found inline spinners(different colors) to be an excellent choice for catching them. I am a beginner catching pickerel and have come to really enjoy them.
      New to the game but not a rookie!

Comment

Jim,

John's presentation is excellent.

Lures: Spinners, soft plastics, crank baits, top water. (light -- 1/8 to 1/4 oz. and relatively small 1 to 3 inches) Pickerel are predatory feeders. They like movement especially when you drag a lure right past their noses.

Where: Tidal and freshwater creeks and ponds. The tributaries and cuts and inlets of the Severn offer many such locations.

Specifically where: Shallow water, tight to shore often, close to downed wood in particular. But on occasion they will vacate the shoreline for nearby open water that is 4 to 6 feet deep.

Best advice: Join us on an outing. Reading is one thing. Seeing and doing is another.

Good luck,
        Mark
        Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
        Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
        Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

This is excellent! Thanks!
          Jim McFalls
          MSG US Army Retired
          US Army Field Band Jazz Ambassadors Class of 1998

2018 Hobie Revo 13 - Sea Grass
          2015 Elie Coast 120XE Angler - Yellow/White
          2015 Pelican Unison 136t Tandem - Orange/White
          Instagram - @jmcfalls1960
          YouTube - Jimbo the Fishin' Musician

Comment

Anybody going out tomo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looking for a good spot south of key bridge to fish for anything with my son in kayaks . Any suggestions would be appreciated . Thanks !!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X