Who's Fishing Saturday, 5 Dec?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's Fishing Saturday, 5 Dec?

So I posted this same question in the "Maryland" Forum and only got one reply.

I'm asking the question here in the Main Forum and hoping for better luck.

Looking to see if any folks are going out this Saturday, 5 Dec. Weather looks great and water should be calm with only light winds predicted.

There is a good discussion on another thread (http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...as-Point-Light) about launching out of Bev Triton and hitting some deeper water around Thomas Point Light. Maybe we can get a bigger group together and try it out?
    -manny

Hobie Outback
    Wilderness Systems 130T
    Hobie Outfitter

I haven't made any plans yet, I will be checking the weather later in the afternoon tomorrow...then I'll make a decision. I would like to fish.
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

Great! Let me know what you decide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HOBIE
      Ivory Dune
      13ft Revolution
      -manny

Hobie Outback
      Wilderness Systems 130T
      Hobie Outfitter

Comment

Replying for notifications. I would also like to fish, just waiting to pull the trigger.
        -Jon
        Revo 13

Comment

Current wind prediction doesn't look very good for Triton/Thomas Point on Saturday morning. Sunday looks to be flat everywhere in the local area.

http://www.fishweather.com/map#38.897,-76.418,13,1
          Hobie fleet:
          2017 Quest 13
          2015 Outback
          2014 Outback

Comment

I'll probably do the Bay Bridge Saturday morning, maybe Triton depending on the forecast. When you finalize something please post.
            2015 Hobie Outback
            2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
              Current wind prediction doesn't look very good for Triton/Thomas Point on Saturday morning. Sunday looks to be flat everywhere in the local area.

http://www.fishweather.com/map#38.897,-76.418,13,1

Ouch, maybe it will die down ? Im not familiar with that site, but I can't see future predictions. fingers crossed. I hate being on 95 on a Sunday.
              -Jon
              Revo 13

Comment

Originally posted by silasvirus82 View Post
                I'll probably do the Bay Bridge Saturday morning, maybe Triton depending on the forecast. When you finalize something please post.
                John, I was also thinking bay bridge. Going back and forth between live lining or jigging/trolling. I just haven't had great success there so my confidence is low.
                -Jon
                Revo 13

Comment

Originally posted by jsnyd86 View Post
                  Ouch, maybe it will die down ? Im not familiar with that site, but I can't see future predictions. fingers crossed. I hate being on 95 on a Sunday.
                  You have to click on one of the arrows, then click forecast. Each of the arrow symbols is a weather censor/station, so it will give you current and predicted weather, along with tides.
                  Hobie fleet:
                  2017 Quest 13
                  2015 Outback
                  2014 Outback

Comment

Here's an example from a few minutes ago:
                    Capture.jpg
                    Hobie fleet:
                    2017 Quest 13
                    2015 Outback
                    2014 Outback

Comment

I would be down for Trinton Beach Sat. Morning. North wind at 10knts and becoming flatter as the day goes on.

Comment

You have to click on one of the arrows, then click forecast. Each of the arrow symbols is a weather censor/station, so it will give you current and predicted weather, along with tides.
                        Noice! thanks, that's pretty useful.
                        -Jon
                        Revo 13

Comment

Originally posted by BigRick View Post
                          I would be down for Trinton Beach Sat. Morning. North wind at 10knts and becoming flatter as the day goes on.
                          That's the problem with launching at Triton...10knt wind out of the north lets the waves build for a long way before they get to that area. It will be pretty rough, especially with it gusting to 15knts. Wind out of the west is best for Triton. I wouldn't look forward to pedaling into a 10-15knt wind for 2.5-3 miles to get to Thomas Point Light...but that's just me.
                          Hobie fleet:
                          2017 Quest 13
                          2015 Outback
                          2014 Outback

Comment

That's the problem with launching at Triton...10knt wind out of the north lets the waves build for a long way before they get to that area. It will be pretty rough, especially with it gusting to 15knts. Wind out of the west is best for Triton. I wouldn't look forward to pedaling into a 10-15knt wind for 2.5-3 miles to get to Thomas Point Light...but that's just me.
                            Well its still only Thursday and with High pressure moving in Friday the forecast could easily change. Where else is a good launch point near the river mouths? I fished glebe bay in the south river earlier last week and got skunked for the first time so Im assuming the fish are heading to deeper water.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRick View Post
                              Well its still only Thursday and with High pressure moving in Friday the forecast could easily change. Where else is a good launch point near the river mouths? I fished glebe bay in the south river earlier last week and got skunked for the first time so Im assuming the fish are heading to deeper water.
                              I wont dare name a name that shouldn't be named. I know it's held close to the chest here, lol. but it rhymes with Tonga. That's quite the trip but slightly warmer. I've had ok success at Kent Island narrows. I hardly know of any places though so I'll just wait for other suggestions. I've been playing with the idea of a trip down to cbbt or kipto but I think it's still a little early?
                              -Jon
                              Revo 13

Comment

Working...
                              X