SPSP park Info Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPSP park Info Needed

What time does Sandy Point State Park open in winter?

I am wondering if there is a gate at the entrance. If there is a gate, what time does the gate open?
    If the boat ramps aren't crowded, Can I launch from the boat ramp? Or always launch from the kayak launch area.

Have anyone caught white perch at the Bay Bridge rock piles in December on a power boat or kayak? What are the lure/rig for 60' deep water for white perch?

Thank you.
    Joe
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

I have not targeted perch there in the winter, so i can't address that. There is a gate but it has a 24 hour pay as you play machine that accepts credit cards. I believe the charge is $4 / vehicle.

The ramps are accessible any time and make for an easy launch. Even during the busiest times, you will be able to do it. Just be aware of traffic as you come in / out of the mouth along the jetty.

It is no problem getting to the bridge and / or the lighthouse. I will be launching from there later this morning looking for deep rockfish
    Bruce

Hobie PA 14
    Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Bring clean crisp dollar bills, Joe, for the 24-hr machine. Once, I couldnt get in because of my crinkled dollar bills....since then I have bought a MD State Park Passport & I now get in off-hrs w/ the swipe card given to you if you buy your pass from the ranger office at spsp. I havent fished deep for perch there either.

Comment

Thanks for the Info. I will bring clean dollar bills and credit cards.
        I have caught stripers at 17-20" in 45-60' of water in Dec before the season closed in the past. I used 15# test braided and 1-1.5oz jig + 5" lure for fast descent (lure) to the bottom. I preferred spinning reels for the fast descent.

I saw some boaters (fishing for WP) were landing WP at the same time I caught stripers. So I am going to try for both species.

Joe
        Fish like there's no tomorrow.
        Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

I definitely saw people catching WP at the bridge.

Fee is $3
          Bruce

Hobie PA 14
          Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

I was catching them in the Patapsco in 60 FOW last week using a 3/4oz metal flutter jig. Any metal would work, preferably using the lightest weight to get to the bottom. Kastmasters, silver buddies, but I prefer flutter jigs or small metal striper jigs (maybe even a stingsilver changing to a smaller treble). No need to tip with bait.
            2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
            2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
            2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
              2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
              2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Working...
              X