Snake in the grass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snake in the grass

This post is exactly what the title says. Yesterday I had good luck catching small bass in my local pond. Went back out to day but the blue bird skies had turned the fish off (and the water was clear down to 5' or more which didn't help). But today was in its own way more enjoyable. When walking to a spot I'm always scanning the ground looking for animal signs and maybe a lure if I'm lucky. Today, in the middle of December I came across this garter snake sunning itself. Doubt I'll see a December snake in Maryland ever again, but seeing it more than made up for the poor fishing.

005.jpg
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Yeah, snakes should be hibernating by this time of year. Don't take the the wrong way, I'm enjoying the warmer than normal weather too.
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

And you want me to come down and go fishing with you? The snake is a "deal breaker" LOL

Yak67
      2015 Hobie Pa14
      2016 Hobie Outback LE

Comment

I was fishing Pickerel in College Creek and actually saw a bunch of turtles sunning themselves on logs. Never seen that in December before.....
        Bruce

Hobie PA 14
        Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Always like watching them. Haven't seen as many this year. Just glad I didn't have a snake swim at my kayak this year.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
          Tan-Tarpon 140
          Lime-Pelican Matrix
          Yellow-Scrambler XT

Comment

Working...
          X