SPSP launch location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPSP launch location

When you launch from SPSP, do you launch from the small craft area at the beach, going directly to the bay, or do you launch from the marina and kayak out the access channel where the boat go.

If im fishing the bridge ill launch from the boat ramp area. Its quicker to the bridge and you dont have to deal with sand. You can just back up your car and unload by the ramp.
    Hobie Revolution 13
    Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

I do the same if I'm fishing the bridge. If i wanted to fish the lighthouse i would launch from the beach area.

Comment

That will be easier. I've been launching from the beach to get to the bridge. Next time I'll try the ramps.

Comment

You will save about a 1/4 mile's worth of paddling if you launch at the ramp.

Comment

I prefer sand launch b/c it's easier on the hull. The longer paddle? Hee, hee... I have an electric motor
            2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
            2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
            2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
              I prefer sand launch b/c it's easier on the hull. The longer paddle? Hee, hee... I have an electric motor
              i prefer ramps because the torque is heavy. I like being able to back the car right upto the ramp.
              Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Maybe you can buy that used Prowler Trident 13 for $580. It's a lighter yak. Then add about $100 for a motor. You already have batts.
                2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
                  Maybe you can buy that used Prowler Trident 13 for $580. It's a lighter yak. Then add about $100 for a motor. You already have batts.
                  looking into it for a friend of mine already lol
                  Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Originally posted by Pinch View Post
                    i prefer ramps because the torque is heavy. I like being able to back the car right upto the ramp.
                    +1. I use my cart to back it down the ramp and launch backwards just like the bigger boats lol.
                    <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Working...
                    X