No announcement yet.

Some Bigguns Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They kinda hang different places than the herd of fish. Generally they are close by. Occasionally the bigger ones are mixed in, but it's really easy to get distracted by a lot of small marks and want to fish those. I often go looking for some bigger fish first and then if they aren't around, check back for the smaller guys because they're plenty of fun too :-) Usually, you're looking for that one or two larger fish. The last couple of trips have been fortunate that there have been many...like double digits. The terrible rains have made the water awful, but it has fortunately put a hot bite on areas of the clearest water, so search for that! There's lots of smaller ones out there right now, mixed in with white perch if you can't find the larger guys.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Kokatat Pro Staff
    Torqeedo Pro Staff
    Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
    Alan

Comment

I'm doing better than a year ago. I've started getting consistent with 22-27" fish, but at the sacrifice of 50+ fish days....where most of those were in the 16-20" range. Hehe
      Hobie fleet:
      2017 Quest 13
      2015 Outback
      2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
        I'm doing better than a year ago. I've started getting consistent with 22-27" fish, but at the sacrifice of 50+ fish days....where most of those were in the 16-20" range. Hehe
        That 22"-27" range is an excellent range of fish for this time of year! It's been a rather good year for whatever reason. I remember having a 70 fish day once, but they were all 15". I didn't care because it was such a blast. Every cast was a fish. I just went with it.

Kokatat Pro Staff
        Torqeedo Pro Staff
        Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
        Alan

Comment

Nice work Alan. Catching small and medium sized rockfish has been pretty easy this year. But you continue to score on large fish. Very few others in the Snaggedline community can do that. Well done.
          John Veil
          Annapolis
          Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post
            Nice work Alan. Catching small and medium sized rockfish has been pretty easy this year. But you continue to score on large fish. Very few others in the Snaggedline community can do that. Well done.
            What John said!!
            Bruce

Hobie PA 14
            Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Thanks guys :-)

Kokatat Pro Staff
              Torqeedo Pro Staff
              Humminbird Pro Staff