Trolling Key Bridge 12/31

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trolling Key Bridge 12/31

Slow day today. Water was DIRTY and Dark Soda color. Trolled from Fort Armistead around the Green cans then down towards Curtis bay. I was with another member. We trolled crank baits and Stretch Lures. I also trolled tandem Swim shads then Buck tails. Most fish we marked were deep in the channel edges. Some scattered at different depth. My second time trolling from a kayak so I am still tweaking. I don't think I was getting my baits deep to where the fish were. I was using a stretch 30 at first and in 20 feet of water I was not hitting bottom. The package says at 70 feet of line should be close to 30'. I trolled from 2.4-2.7MPH Speed of water. In an attempt not to get skunked we jigged around the bridge for some dinks. He caught two I caught one. I called it a day; got my one fish and a sore ass.
    John
    Hobie Adventure Island 16'

Slayer Propel 10

Pelican Trailblazer ( don't hate , pond use only)

Sore buttocks will happen, especially if you are not used to the "exercise" required of pedaling. At least you didn't get skunked.
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
      Sore buttocks will happen, especially if you are not used to the "exercise" required of pedaling. At least you didn't get skunked.
      Is there some seat pad I can get? My legs feel fine, may back feels fine. I don't even feel as if I pedaled for miles. But my butt... at the lower part where it meets the back of the thighs is sore almost numb.
      John
      Hobie Adventure Island 16'

Slayer Propel 10

Pelican Trailblazer ( don't hate , pond use only)

Comment

You could get a foam pad like they sell for sports bleacher seating. I've got one that Goody picked up for me at Dick's summer of 2014, but I've never actually used it.

I think it was $6-8.
        Hobie fleet:
        2017 Quest 13
        2015 Outback
        2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by tech11165 View Post
          Is there some seat pad I can get? My legs feel fine, may back feels fine. I don't even feel as if I pedaled for miles. But my butt... at the lower part where it meets the back of the thighs is sore almost numb.
          I use a Skwoosh gel-filled pad with the Slayer Propel seat. It helps prolong the discomfort but does not eliminate it. Native makes "jack pads" that are essentially padded seat cushions. They are quite expensive -- I have not tried them.

I was in Sam's Club one day last week and looked at some memory foam pillows. They are white and not covered with a waterproof cover, but for $30 I may give them a try by allowing the pillow to bend across the seam between the upright and flat surfaces of the seat. If I do buy the pillow, I will report back with comfort results.

One other thing you can try with the Slayer Propel seat is to adjust the straps on the underside of the horizontal section of the seat to give more or less tension on the fabric.
          John Veil
          Annapolis
          Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Working...
          X