Facebook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rockchaser View Post
    John Oast touched on this subject not to long ago.

https://youtu.be/eTJYHbGfaxM
    I don't know who that guy is...I guess I'm old school.

I revert to my original response: If you like Facebook, go post there. Don't come here and muddy the water.

I met good folks to fish with on this forum, that have become great personal friends...I have yet to meet anyone from facebook in person.
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
      I don't know who that guy is...I guess I'm old school.

I revert to my original response: If you like Facebook, go post there. Don't come here and muddy the water.

I met good folks to fish with on this forum, that have become great personal friends...I have yet to meet anyone from facebook in person.
      I will post to FB when I want to show off my catch to friends and family that aren't on Snaggedline. When I have good stuff to share I post it up here. This site has been great for many years and I don't see it going away any time soon.
      Jim

Hobie Outback
      TKAA member
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockchaser View Post
        I will post to FB when I want to show off my catch to friends and family that aren't on Snaggedline. When I have good stuff to share I post it up here. This site has been great for many years and I don't see it going away any time soon.
        [sarcasm] you can post to multiple locations on the intardwebs, for a single thought?

Crazy talk.[/sarcasm]

I post here, share $#!+ on FB and email to people that might care to hear steries or see pitchers.
        Hobie fleet:
        2017 Quest 13
        2015 Outback
        2014 Outback

Comment

Rockchaser made a logical reasonable comment
          D3NAL1 asked a simple question that wasn't dissing the forum. CBKA has a facebook page so it isn't illogical to ask about FB
          Redfish12 made a calm explanation of why FB can be detrimental and called on everyone to chill and let it drop

Cowpokey insists on continuing to be an ass.
          Drop it
          14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
          2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
            Facebook is one of the quickest way to destroy a forum. Leave it the way it is.

Posting pictures is simple. Add them as an attachment or learn how to use the forum tools and/or code. There are plenty of free sites that will host your pictures then you can add them anywhere you want in a post by using the [img] tags.
            +1

Comment

......... It ain't broke folks so stop trying to fix it ........... Ya want your friends to see then post it on FB ......... Ya want us to see ether then post them here and you friends can still see them ......... No ones preventing them from signing up here too ?........ Just like they have to sign up for facebook

Comment

IMHO..D3NAL1 Was not trying to change anything, just asking a question that could have been addressed respectfully and got abused. THAT is a real threat to this forum. I have talked with several guys at MBKF tourney and M&G's That tell me they no longer post because some asshole or another treated them rudely.
                D3NAL1 is a new member....if he wanted to be blamed for all the ills of the world that are beyond his control, he could have just asked his mother in law.

Comment

Originally posted by kevinfry View Post
                  IMHO..D3NAL1 Was not trying to change anything, just asking a question that could have been addressed respectfully and got abused. THAT is a real threat to this forum. I have talked with several guys at MBKF tourney and M&G's That tell me they no longer post because some asshole or another treated them rudely.
                  D3NAL1 is a new member....if he wanted to be blamed for all the ills of the world that are beyond his control, he could have just asked his mother in law.

God, I love this crap, used to have a mother-in-law and was blamed for everything. I guess that explains the phrase, "Happily Single".
                  Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
                  Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

I know the Virginia Kayak Anglers Facebook group was born from a negative response to a question asked here a few years ago.
                    Jim

Hobie Outback
                    TKAA member
                    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

Yes, i'm well aware.....the posts by redfish12, Moc, Ictalarus, J.AVeil, Dogfish, comeonfish, tufnik etc....are what got me into the sport and the forum. Always respectful, always helpful, always interesting always inviting guys to come fish.
                      Humility begets friendship. Respectful people are generally considered wise.

Comment

Yes, i'm well aware.....the posts by redfish12, Moc, Ictalarus, J.AVeil, Dogfish, comeonfish, tufnik etc....are what got me into the sport and the forum. Always respectful, always helpful, always interesting always inviting guys to come fish.
                        Humility begets friendship. Respectful people are generally considered wise.
                        Thanks for seeing one side of the discussion and insulting me. You weren't even part of the conversation, but had to come in an call me names? Did you even attempt to comprehend what I put in my posts? No...didn't think so. I attempted to post (carefully mind you) my thoughts on the subject, and D3nada insisted on coming back with another argument. Redfish12 and others stepped in and said exactly the same thing I did, and you give them high praise. FU. I'm out.
                        Hobie fleet:
                        2017 Quest 13
                        2015 Outback
                        2014 Outback

Comment

finally

Comment

finally
                            haha
                            Native Watercraft Pro Staff
                            2016 Native Watercraft Slayer Propel 13 Lizard Lick

2016 CCA MD "BLUE CAT" Tournament 2nd place
                            33rd MSSA "THE CHAMPIONSHIP" Tournament 1st place
                            2016 Curley's White Perch Tournament 1st place

Comment

Originally posted by D3NAL1 View Post
                              haha
                              I'm not laughing, i just want us to get back to what this place is all about

preaching the jpys of kayak fishing and fishing together

i hope this post kills this contentious thread

Comment

I posted once on this and now will attempt to change the tide.
                                I really suck at Kayak fishing in fresh and bay water. Ok, I have said it. I can catch fish from the beach, from a boat, from a yak in the salt, and from the shore. Ok, so on the average because of my location, I don't catch more than most on this site catch. I don't go to the fish, I fish my local waters and love it. I try to understand the seasons, and what makes fish bite in my local waters. Maybe I should start posting about the Skunk but I really don't care. I love being on the water. I really enjoy the time I spend trying to figure out why I don't catch fish. If you really want to know I DON'T CARE if I catch fish or not. Sure I will post the rare occasion that I do. BOTTOM LINE, I did not get into this sport to outdo anyone or claim bragging rights. As demented as it seems, I absolutely love being on the water with a piece of plastic trying to figure out how to catch fish. Will I stop if I don't catch fish, NO, will I let others who are located in prime areas to boast their catches? Dam right I will. (They deserve it) For me, its not about what you catch, its about the time you spend attempting to catch. the flats are a difficult area to consistantly catch fish, but I love the area. So for now on I will grill those who catch and dare them to catch the skunk as much as I do.
                                Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
                                Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Working...
                                X