Fishing 1/9 Ft. Armistead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing 1/9 Ft. Armistead

Got a late start. Was on the water by 10:30am. Missed most of the of the outgoing tide. The normal crowd of cars that I see during the week are here at Ft. Armistead on the weekend. That is a busy place even at 6am. I wanted to troll to try some walker brand divers ( like a Dipsey). I don't think I was getting them down far enough. I went to the main channel and immediately marked fish in the channel edge 45-50 feet down. Water temp was about 42 degrees,No takers. Did a couple of passes, still nothing. Decide to go back and Jig them. I was having a hard time jigging in 50 feet of water. I was on the bottom but still struggling. I ended up going to a smaller shipping channel on the opposite side of the river. I was in a 30 foot deep channel surrounded by 15 feet of water. Marked fish and jigged there. I did manage three rockfish. Largest was about 20 inches. Not a skunk but a slow day. I met another boater at the ramp and they were going to try some of the WWD. I did notice a lot more boats running around. I saw a few jigging around the bridge but they were not there long. Water was flat and no wind. I have been messaging with Alan Batista lately and he suggested jig trolling. I may try that this week when I go again. I wan to get those divers dialed in. I love deep trolling in the winter. But I really need to develop my jigging.
    John
    Hobie Adventure Island 16'

Slayer Propel 10

Pelican Trailblazer ( don't hate , pond use only)

I feel your frustration. I have been have a tough time getting fish I can see on the FF to bite on the last few trips
    Bruce

Hobie PA 14
    Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

I see a pickerel trip in my future. I need to boost my hurt ego and need more slime on my dry suit. That has got to be it... new suit. Need to get some fish mojo slime on it.
      John
      Hobie Adventure Island 16'

Slayer Propel 10

Pelican Trailblazer ( don't hate , pond use only)

Comment

Originally posted by tech11165 View Post
        I see a pickerel trip in my future. I need to boost my hurt ego and need more slime on my dry suit. That has got to be it... new suit. Need to get some fish mojo slime on it.
        I feel like every time I have something new on the boat i skunk out atleast the first 2 trips.. its ridiculous.. has to a mental block of excitement ! haha
        Zach Moore
        Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
        Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
        Bait Towel Pro Staff
        2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
        YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

Working...
        X