Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I knew I could count on y'all. You spot burning, intel mining clowns are just as bad or worse than the charter boats.

Happy to see folks post up about what's working, where they're catching, and what they are using.

So subtle are you, none of you understand the "experiment" I've been running since Aug 2014. I post up a lure that works, the next day the shelf is empty. I know, my ego is too big...that could never happen in real life...yet you have to order the "hot" bait online, because it's out of stock at all the local stores. Like playing chess with a pigeon, you crap all over the board, knocking pieces down and act like you won.
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by CB kayak 02 View Post
      Thank you for your honesty

I don't recall you ever speaking to me in person, yet you have despised me ever Since you met me? Your approach to receive and give respect on this forum is just very odd and backwards.

I don't need to say anything else, you make yourself look like a fool just fine on your own.
      Are you really that separated from reality? I've met you three or four times in person...I guess your "celebrity" dismisses "the little people".
      Hobie fleet:
      2017 Quest 13
      2015 Outback
      2014 Outback

Comment

So, let me understand this completely; the success that everyone else had was all because of YOU? Gee everyone, we had better all bow down to the greatest fisherman of all time. That's the least we could do.

An experiment? Please. If all these spot burning, intel mining clowns are so bad, and you are clearly perplexed by us all, why did you keep feeding into it? Oh, an experiment. How soon I forget.

However, I look at the simple side of things, you are the stupid fuck that posted everything only to turn around and bitch about people using what is working in an area that's holding fish. What a hypocritical bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
          Are you really that separated from reality? I've met you three or four times in person...I guess your "celebrity" dismisses "the little people".
          Dude, I know who you are... I've seen you at CBKA events and at January meet n greets, being at the same place as someone doesn't equal meeting the person, I don't need to meet a person 3-4 times to know who they are. But actually talking to them is a different story. I am not and don't intend to become a celebrity from kayak fishing, and if you feel that is the case you got the wrong idea. Yes I do intend to be very involved I'm the local kayak fishing scene and have been since it really got started in 2009. I'm sorry if my efforts to help start te CBKA event, start a bass fishing series that benefits HOW, help start the meet n greets with other original members has rubbed you the wrong way.

I, just like many other people here consistently put time on the water and find fish, name once you have ever seen me at one of your spots, that supposedly everyone poaches??? You never will....

Comment

Hmmm,
            The one thing I like about this forum is that I can read about everybody else's fishing experiences. Notice, I said fishing, not catching.... but I like to hear about the catching part too. We all have much more in common with each other than we might realize or atleast we enjoy some of the same things: like being outside; being on the water; paddling or pedaling or poling a kayak; casting; reeling; reeling in fish; reeling in a keeper fish... you know what I mean. But we cannot always participate in this activity because life gets in the way. When that happens to me, that's when I want to hear of another forum-member's fishing results. If they know how to post up pix, then I'd like to see pix. (btw: I still dont know how to post pix here) There's also alot more to kayakfishing than going after the most common species...and diff techniques to catching unique species(ie tautog or snakehead). I've learned from some of you how to fish for different species & how to do it safely.Some folks like to have friendly competition in tournies for a cause(eg CBKA), which I loved being a part of, plus I met some of you in person & was able to put a forum name to a face. Learning how to rig my kayak from your how-to posts & giving tips on how to be safe in cold water or how to load my kayak on the roof of my car....I gleaned from fellow forum-members. Then there's the M&Gs. What a great idea! Plus the posts for peeps looking to either join others fishing at a certain time to peeps looking for company at such & such a time. I have a *ucked-up schedule so I often fish solo. When my schedule works with others I've enjoyed the company, the apres meals either at the nearest marina restaurant or at the local Chinese buffet or bbq joint. The first snaggedliners I ever met was Moc, Coop, & Chex....far from home....we just happened to be launching from the same area( I dont want to spot burn). On another kayak forum a bunch of peeps said they would join me fishing from the kayak instead of just paddling from one.....& the only person to show up was D3nal1.
            Shortly after as I was exploring a new fishing reservoir to me, I ran into Cowpokey as he was coming off the water & I was contemplating launching or casting from shore. Both of these guys have helped me catch some fish.... when I was hard-headed enough to want to figure it out on my own. Sometimes what I want to use to catch works & sometimes it doesnt but figuring it out is part of the fun. When the skunk gets deep that's when I'm willing to accept advice or ask for advice. Remember that I am hardheaded at times....like we all are whether we realize it or not. O boy, it's late & I need my beauty sleep. Before I retire for the night I want to say that I know both of these snaggedliners & both are good people & I would fish with both of them in a heartbeat. I also think they would enjoy fishing with each other too. Cowpokey helped me load my kayak on my roof a few weeks ago when he outfished me. I even met his lovely daughter who kayakfishes as well. I have met D3nal1's wonderful daughter too & he has taken me to several of his fav fishing locations...going above & beyond for this northern Marylander. Sometimes, when I read posts here I can read it the wrong way... or others have read my post & disliked something but sent me a pm to discuss. I'm not offended by that but thankful...& thankful that I live in a country where we can have a discussion....& thanks to both of these guys (AF & Navy) we can either agree or agree to disagree. I hope to continue to see your posts here, Cowpokey....& I hope us 3 & perhaps some others can all go fishing in our kayaks later this year...when it is warmer. I'll even host this venture. Remember, we are all different from one another yet we have so much in common on this forum. Well, that's my .02.

Comment

Sometimes it's better to sit back and listen.Everything doesn't need your comment.When that happens there is always going to be conflict.I personally ask you oneday you sure do lot of comments on here.Your respond was keeping the form going.The form was running before you got here and me too.Im sure it will keep on going giving go info.To bad this has happen but only you can make this decision. I don't think that you bad person but a fish doesn't get caught unless they open their mouth to many times.With that note Fish On.
              2012 hobie outback
              2016 feelfree lure 11.5

Comment

"a fish doesn't get caught unless they open their mouth to many times"

One of the wisest and funniest things I have ever read on this site��

Comment

Cow,
                  when i met you, and you first started on the forum. You were Very eager to learn. LOVED taking your daughter fishing. Just like the rest of us. You got very active, i see you on every post. Which is perfect.

the great thing about kayaking is 100% of the people you meet are great people.. Its not a pissing contest like boats do.. Nor is this forum. But thats a technology thing, not a personality thing. Its easier to see if some one is kidding or just being sarcastic in person than over a screen, but thats the ground were on

Sure some poop has been flung on the wall from what ive been reading, but who cares. Were here to fish, were here to learn, and were here to meet new friends.. whats done is done.. keeps being an active member.

fish on
                  Zach Moore
                  Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
                  Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
                  Bait Towel Pro Staff
                  2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
                  YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

You asked us to weigh in so here it is. I've never met you in person, but I read your posts (including this disaster) and I have to say I'd probably only ever tolerate you at best. Being a kayak fisherman I don't know how your boat keeps your ego afloat. These forums often result in confrontation, but you always seem to either stick your nose in or be the perpetrator, and that's kind of annoying. It's a difficult thing for an extrovert to know when to keep their mouth shut, I get it, but until you can better manage that I think it would be best for you to take a little break.

This forum is not a competition. I know a few people who don't post hardly anything, but they come here to get some intel on the kayak fishing community and that's ok too. Everything we post is public knowledge at that point, don't put it out there if you ever think you might want it back.

Edit: All that being said, it's kind of nice to have a little razzle dazzle around the forum occasionally, so don't stay gone forever
                    Last edited by silasvirus82; 01-11-2016, 08:14 AM.
                    2015 Hobie Outback
                    2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

After reading more of this post, I'm fine with Cowpokey leaving.

Comment

Cowpokey, after starting this thread, I am getting the feeling that I now know how personally insecure you really are and honestly I am feeling a bit sorry for you man... Life is not a competition bud and it sure is short, so please stop worrying about what others say or don't say about you. Best of luck with whatever you decide and happy fishing.
                        Last edited by Salisbury; 01-11-2016, 09:14 AM.

Comment

I’m very new to “snagged” online … grew up fishing at the Jersey Shore and love to surf fish. I wanted to expand my “home” water fishing and the best way to do that was kayak fishing in this area. I’m part of a lot of forums, because honestly it is the best way to learn things, meet new people, get info, share your knowledge, and most of all … make good friends. I’m part of Xterra, Garage Journal, SOL, mountain biking, some shooting/outdoor forums, etc … point I’m trying to make, is that technology has made it possible to have these wonderful forums where we can learn about similar hobbies, teach others, learn from others, and make friends. A previous poster mentioned … “We are here to fish, here to learn, and here to meet new people”. Another person mentioned, “Hard to tell online if someone is serious, kidding, or joking” … all true. I’ve been on enough forums to know we are all human, with different personalities, and we are all not going to get along. After all we are all human.

One of the first people I met on “Snagged” was Cowpokey … he was extremely knowledgeable, nice, and offered to help .. no questions asked. I had many late night conversations with Carter with giving me advice as I’m giving my credit card a workout on Austin Kayak or Amazon Also, took me for my maiden voyage and taught me a lot of things I didn’t know … simple things you all may take for granted now, but for a newbe, it was extremely helpful. That’s what is great about this website … Cowpokey and all of you guys offered to help and give advice, no questions asked.

So … we are all not going to get along … that is human nature, we don’t have to like each other. But we all enjoy fishing and we can learn/teach from one another … so let’s get beyond this and continue to enjoy this sport … one of my best buddies died recently of Cancer (my uncle who taught me to fish) … when he died, he told me … “Enjoy your family, but most of all … enjoy life! … Don’t worry about stupid things … Life is short and precious”.

So tight lines!

It is a new 2016 year … enjoy your family, buy your Powerball tickets, and be HAPPY!

David

Comment

Working...
                          X