Setting up for Bay Bridge 7-10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting up for Bay Bridge 7-10

The weather is terrible today and I can't make it out on Saturday so I'm going to be going out Sunday morning, early am (be there by 5am). Launch will be on the Eastern side from Terrapin Beach Park. I haven't launched from there before, but it looks like there's trail access where I highlighted in red on the map. Let me know if you want to come along either in this thread or PM.

*Parking is off of Log Canoe Circle, have to walk the trail from there to the beach.
    Last edited by frettr00; 07-09-2011, 04:42 PM.
    2010 Hobie Revolution 13

I think I can go, but will launch from SPSP.
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

I usually do SPSP, but I don't think I have it in me to paddle 2 miles each way. Any idea where to fish for spot on the eastern side? I'm going to try live lining them at the bridge pilings.
      2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

I never fished on the east side, so I couldn't tell you where to get spot . I'll do my usual: look for marked fish and drop the line to see what happens. I plan to do some jigging. I may even paddle/motor to the east side.

How far is the walk from car to launch point at Terrapin?
        Last edited by tufnik; 07-08-2011, 11:55 PM.

Comment

Sunday ill go
          Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Last year, you could catch the spot at the rock wall by the first 2 pilings and sometimes in 5ft of water by the rock wall on the way to the bridge when you launch from the beach at Hemmingway's.

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
              I never fished on the east side, so I couldn't tell you where to get spot . I'll do my usual: look for marked fish and drop the line to see what happens. I plan to do some jigging. I may even paddle/motor to the east side.

How far is the walk from car to launch point at Terrapin?
              Well since the trail next to the beach is just a dirt road we can just park off there. It'll be maybe a 70ft walk from there to the beach launch I marked.

***edit: No vehicle access to trail, have to park then walk ***
              Last edited by frettr00; 07-09-2011, 01:27 PM.
              2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Originally posted by HokieDJ View Post
                Last year, you could catch the spot at the rock wall by the first 2 pilings and sometimes in 5ft of water by the rock wall on the way to the bridge when you launch from the beach at Hemmingway's.
                Thanks, I'll have to try that.
                2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Originally posted by Pinch View Post
                  Sunday ill go
                  Good, you know where to find em!
                  2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

I didn't know you could drive on and park along the trail. I thought it was for joggers, bikers, and walkers. Does that mean we don't need Hemmingways?

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
                      I didn't know you could drive on and park along the trail. I thought it was for joggers, bikers, and walkers. Does that mean we don't need Hemmingways?
                      Yeah you're probably right... I read up on it a little and it seems like it'll be a 1 mile hike with kayak in tow on the trail. I won't know for sure until I get there, but I'm prepared to walk if needed.
                      Last edited by frettr00; 07-09-2011, 02:09 AM.
                      2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

I'm planning on going early. Launching from SPSP though.
                        Chesapeake Fish and Beer

Comment

Old wuzzie

You guys make me feel like an old wuz- it usually takes me a day or two of resting up to get over a full day of paddling- the five to ten miles of paddling wears me out. After today's snakehead trip I'll be taking a nap in my overstuffed recliner....
                          "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                          2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                          "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                          Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Launched from terrapin beach today, Never again. lol. the walk is maybe 1/2mi which wouldnt be too bad however i blew a tire on my cart half way to the put it. We really need more eastern shore options
                            Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Originally posted by Pinch View Post
                              Launched from terrapin beach today, Never again. lol. the walk is maybe 1/2mi which wouldnt be too bad however i blew a tire on my cart half way to the put it. We really need more eastern shore options
                              lol....I'm just imagining you dragging along a lopsided kayak now with a pancaked tire. If you need a new one, I'm using Emotion's cart http://www.amazon.com/Emotion-Kayaks.../dp/B0046EBNRU It's pretty heavy duty. I should be on the water by 5:30am at the latest, might take another half hour paddling over from there.
                              2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Working...
                              X