New To Kayak fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New To Kayak fishing

Howdy! I just registered for this site and I don't want to break any rules, so I have a question or two.

I'm not new to fishing, but I'd like to start kayak fishing, mostly freshwater ponds and rivers.

- What forum is best for asking for recommendations and advice on the type of kayaks work best?
    - What forum is best for rigging advice, assessories, etc?

Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by Gitzet View Post
    Howdy! I just registered for this site and I don't want to break any rules, so I have a question or two.

I'm not new to fishing, but I'd like to start kayak fishing, mostly freshwater ponds and rivers.

- What forum is best for asking for recommendations and advice on the type of kayaks work best?
    - What forum is best for rigging advice, assessories, etc?

Thanks in advance!
    Welcome! We don't get too hung up on "rules" here but I'd say the "main forum" is good for general kayak questions and the "dry dock" is where rigging advise can be found.

2015 Viking Profish Reload

Comment

Welcome! I posted the same exact tagline in October, as stated the Main Forum is where you can ask general kayak and fishing questions and drydock for rigging but I have also found that going to state forum page (MD or VA) has a wealth of information also as well as possibly being able to meet with someone near you to fish with.If you want info on what type of kayak to purchase you will get a million different answers. Jump in, try some searches for topics if you like or just ask the question, someone will answer you. Again, welcome and good luck
      New to the game but not a rookie!

Comment

Thanks for the responses!

Comment

welcome to the forum and your future kayak fishing. I'm going into my second year in the area and with the forum and i will tell you this forum is a wealth of knowledge and friendly folks. no matter where you live, there will snaggedliners willing to go fishing with you or have you tag along with them. Forums in other cities I've lived in do not come close to the friendly nature of this place.
          Rich
          Hobie Pro Angler 2014 (Torqeedo Powered), Torqeedo solar panel with custom frame, Lowrance Elite-7 Chirp, sidekick (modified to fit)

Comment

Welcome to the site. Once you become addicted to Kayak Fishing, you will want to go anywhere there is water.
            Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
            Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Working...
            X