Memory Maker's Mattawomen Monster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory Maker's Mattawomen Monster

I was fortunate enough to be by Memory Maker when he hooked into this beast.

Mattawomen Monster

Now you need a name and salesman for your new lure design. Maybe this guy is available?

Awesome beast! Congrats Rick! Definitely the pool winner!!!

Comment

That is a nice fish. Well done.
      Jim

Hobie Outback
      TKAA member
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

Amazing catch, but I wouldn't have released him. That's a week's worth of catfish sandwiches!
        2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

That is two cats caught yesterday- one on a spinnerbait at the mouth of the creek
          "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
          2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
          "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
          Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Awesome Fish!

Awesome fish and great video!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
              That is two cats caught yesterday- one on a spinnerbait at the mouth of the creek
              MOC also caught catfish, I think he 5 or 6 by the end of the day.
              Jim

Hobie Outback
              TKAA member
              Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

That is a quite the fish. Congrats.. Biggest from your kayak?

Comment

Originally posted by CB kayak 02 View Post
                  That is a quite the fish. Congrats.. Biggest from your kayak?
                  So Far ......... but it's only my 4th trip out ......... thinkin about putting a boga grip to be mounted on the back for the next one .........

Comment

Nice fish! Thought you were going take a swim when you let it go

What a great day out on the water. Nice to meet you all and maybe next time I'll even catch some fish. LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by hooked again View Post
                      Nice fish! Thought you were going take a swim when you let it go

What a great day out on the water. Nice to meet you all and maybe next time I'll even catch some fish. LMAO
                      Yeah ...... well ...... the fish was really docile when she was on the boat but when she felt the water she went crazy and pulled me and the boga straight down ......... ripped the boga out of my hands and I caught it by the float ...... all I could thnk of was that poor fish dying with a boga in its mouth and me spending another big bucks for a grip ......

but this time with a 50 lb scale ....... she bottomed this 25 lb scale with about 1/2 her body still on deck ......
                      Last edited by Memory Maker; 07-10-2011, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mmanolis2001 View Post
                        I was fortunate enough to be by Memory Maker when he hooked into this beast.

Mattawomen Monster

Now you need a name and salesman for your new lure design. Maybe this guy is available?

Yeah ....... mucho thanks guy ........ you know this would never have happened if I took my cameras ......... thank goodness you were there ......

Hey ....... just realized ......... big fish on the rod that I made and the lure that I made ........ that was my goal ....... now I can die happy ........

Comment

Awesome work hooking, fighting, and landing that fish, Rick. What a beast. That was a good test of your lure construction and knots, plus it's a helluva story. Memory Maker indeed.

Nice looking vid, too, Mike.
                          Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
                          Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Originally posted by ictalurus View Post
                            Awesome work hooking, fighting, and landing that fish, Rick. What a beast. That was a good test of your lure construction and knots, plus it's a helluva story. Memory Maker indeed.

Nice looking vid, too, Mike.
                            Hey thanks ......... but the hooking was luck ....... and the fighting was 20 lb braid and a good drag ........... oh and you can see what what happens when ya bring the net ....... it was definitely fun

the lure did the work ........ this was the first time it saw water ........ I just threw it in the box because it fell on the ground and I didn't want to spend more fishing time putting it back in the binder. Found it when I was looking for some hooks to use with the senko's Mike gave me. Tried it and Mike and I both thought it looked good ....... it's weighted so it falls flat instead of nose down which to me is more natural ......... and the tail has a tiny bit of that senko quiver when falling .......... fish hit when I stopped pedaling and drifted .........

Hmmmm ....... Think I'll make some more .......... Ya Thaaank !
                            Last edited by Memory Maker; 07-10-2011, 01:00 PM.

Comment

nice fish MM, sorry i couldnt make it but i had to let others get some fish too

Comment

Working...
                              X