Dry Suits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dry Suits

I noticed the new Kokatat super nova fishing suit has a plastic zipper that runs over the shoulder and too the back. Is this an easy suit to get on and remove compared to the T3 Meridian with a metal zipper, also made by Kokatat.

I can't speak to the ease of entry of the Meridian, but I own the Super Nova and have little trouble with getting in and out of it.
    Bruce

Hobie PA 14
    Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

I own the Nova, and i am a bigger guy. Its easy to get in and fairly easy to get out. Pulling my right shoulder out first takes a little bit, part of it is being afraid to hurt the suit.
      I would not describe it as hard to get out of at all!

Ed

drysuit.jpg

Comment

I have the Super Nova. I don't have any experience with other drysuits, but it's pretty easy to get in and out of. I will say that when I first got it, the zipper was really tough to get started opening. After a few uses, I guess it broken in and is much smoother and easier. I also regularly lubricate the zipper, which also makes a big difference.

Comment

I've got a metal relief zipper on my Kokatat Dry Bibs and as long as you keep lubricant on it, there is no problem with use.
          Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
          Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Working...
          X