Susquehanna on Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Susquehanna on Saturday

Anyone know if yellow perch are still being caught at the meet and greet location on the susky? I was hoping to make it up there Saturday. Anyone have insight on the launch conditions? Much appreciated!

-Steve

Haven't heard anything, but I've seen a ton of guys fishing from the piers as I drive over route 40. Doubt they'd be there if it was dead. Water was pretty brown today however.

2015 Viking Profish Reload

Comment

Thanks for the update. I might give it a try despite the brown water.

Comment

This was posted on Tidalfish yesterday. I don't have personal familiarity with that area.

"The Susquehanna at Harrisburg is running at 101,000 cfs and appears to be continuing to rise. The dam is running 101,000 cfs as well so it looks like the river will be unfishable again for the next week. The YP will be moving out of the deep to stage for spawning very soon."
        John Veil
        Annapolis
        Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Not only are the flows super high but the winds forecasted for Saturday look nasty (to me). Sustained SSW 10-15 gusting 20-30 no thanks. I might try somewhere shallower Sunday assuming all the ice is cleared out.
          Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Comment

Rgr on all. I'll be changing plans. Thanks all!

Comment

Was in HdG this morning. Water is dirty, 1 spill gate open,with the possibility of 1-2 more open in the next 24 hours. River flow at 105,800 cfps.
              Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
              Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Thanks for the update salty. Sounds like another perch expedition cancelled for me! I think that brings me to 0/4 so far this spring. Kickin myself for missing out on that early bite
                Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Comment

In the same boat with you Romo. Got all the perchin stuff but only out once in November and they were not biting.
                  Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
                  Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Working...
                  X