Terrapin Park Launch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYI metapeake now $10 to park

Just fished out of Metapeake on Sunday. They raised the parking rate to $10 per day.

Comment

Did you catch anything and what did you use and target?

My buddy is a jigger, or bottom bouncer and I am and active fisherman using top waters, jerk baits, cranks Spinnerbaits and anything like that. We work different stuff until some one starts hooking up.
      "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

My Blog "Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer"

Comment

Joe and I fished from here last summer some before the G dock arrangement was struck. It's a closer paddle to the sewer pipe which would definitely be a place for you to concentrate. The walk isn't bad, bring a cart and be prepared for about 15 yds of sand. It's much worse when it's super hot out. Make sure you are out of there by dusk, the parking monitor is a PITA.

This video shows the launch

Last edited by Redfish12; 05-02-2012, 07:21 PM.
        Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
        Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
        https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

i love this video.. pissing off the boats there is sooo fun.
          Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Haha those live-lining guys pretty much hate kayakers now.
            Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
            Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
            https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

at the risk of saying WS again - i used to WS from Terrapins and it's a fine launch. i used a modified hand truck to transport my gear along the crushed-rock path/packed-sand road/trail from the lot to the beach.

once you're at the shore, it's really just a short distance across that soft sand to launch. it's an attractive park, a fairly natural and peaceful area, and the price is right. a lot of shallow water near shore.

i prefer driving gear to water's edge but the walk at Terrapins is not that bad,..., unless you forgot something back at the truck
              Last edited by Southerly; 05-03-2012, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X