• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got ya yakcapn......lucky for you it's a mix morning launch lol

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk
    14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
    2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

• Hey Kev, I'll be at the launch around 8:00. Not sure about lunch yet, but with all these folks going it doesn't look like one more would be a problem. No worries if it is though. Things at home are still up in the air ( New England) so this plan could change at any moment. Sorry I can't commit to more.
      It will be great to see all you folks. I am soooo itching to get my yak wet!
      Kitkat
      2015 Outback
      2016 Outback LE

GO PATRIOTS !!!

Comment

• Got mine wet yesterday and brought home a stringer full...five Rainbows and one really nice Crappie..
        "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
        2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
        "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
        Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

• Ron where did you go to catch crappie?
          2015 Outback
          2016 Outback LE

GO PATRIOTS !!!

Comment

• Hi Kitkat! Sure will put you on the list.....bring your anchor and your cheery disposition!
            Hope all wrapped up fine in NE....

Comment

• http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...k-Catfishin-WV

prepping for Marshall Hall!!!catfish261.jpg
              2016 Hobie Mirage Outback Olive
              LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

• Kevin -

I am going to try to join the group for lunch but do not plan to fish. Thanks for organizing.
                John Veil
                Annapolis
                Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

• gotcha john!

This is like an all-star cast at this M&G!
                  Last edited by kevinfry; 03-08-2016, 07:44 PM.

Comment

• Weather is now looking STELLAR... may I ask if anyone knows, what is the standard current like there? like when you drift along what speed would your GPS say you are going... I anchored the other day in 25ft of water and the current I was in was about 1mph drifting.. just curious I know it was mentioned earlier in the feed that someone may not be able to anchor "that deep" ... I have a 75' anchor line on a heavy mushroom anchor rigged for quick release... cant wait til Saturday!!!!

Originally posted by kevinfry View Post
                    gotcha john!

This is like an all-star cast at this M&G!
                    LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

• The secret to anchoring in deeper water is 3-fold
                      1) hardness of bottom will effect anchor performance (the places I like to fish in marshall hall area have hard bottoms....at bushwood it has a sticky bottom so anchoring is easier)
                      2) Unless you are using a very heavy anchor or the bottom is sticky or rocky, you need enough line to maintain an angle that will maximize the anchor's ability (see diagram)
                      3) Chain....if you have no chain on your anchor you will need ALOT more line. The chain lead keeps Anchor in gripping position in my case my anchor IS chain and gets lots of friction

Comment

• Anybody want to carpool down in my truck? I will be coming from northern carroll county (hampstead). I unfortunately don't have a kayak rack yet for the truck bed, but I do have cleats in the bed to tie into, and I usually just ratchet strap the kayak to those. On a side note, not looking forward to rain, might be doing a little bit of bailing and/or sponge-ing.

Comment

• Looking good.....

312.jpg
                          2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
                          Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

• good info I have a 10lb anchor I generally only use in lakes and 75ft of anchor line... maybe ill go get 12" of 2"logging chain and add it to the anchor and another 75ft of anchor line to be in the clear..

Originally posted by kevinfry View Post
                            The secret to anchoring in deeper water is 3-fold
                            1) hardness of bottom will effect anchor performance (the places I like to fish in marshall hall area have hard bottoms....at bushwood it has a sticky bottom so anchoring is easier)
                            2) Unless you are using a very heavy anchor or the bottom is sticky or rocky, you need enough line to maintain an angle that will maximize the anchor's ability (see diagram)
                            3) Chain....if you have no chain on your anchor you will need ALOT more line. The chain lead keeps Anchor in gripping position in my case my anchor IS chain and gets lots of friction

LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

• also if I read the charts right looks like we will be fishing the incoming tide for the morning. hoping this proves fruitful for us all

http://www.in-fisherman.com/catfish/...e-tidal-flats/
                              Last edited by suicyderider; 03-10-2016, 06:37 AM.
                              LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

• Has anyone ever tried pork skin as bait? I had a bunch leftover from butchering a pork shoulder, so I cut it into strips and I'm soaking it in some nasty bunker oil. Its starting to get ripe. Should stay on the hook pretty well if nothing else

Comment

Working...
                                X