Need advice on Brandon Shores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice on Brandon Shores

Fished the Patapsco today from Ft. Armistead and was trying my luck down at Brandon shores/Wagner. I have only fished the Rips at CC. I did as much searching on the net as I could. These places are real secretive. I pedaled my way down and looked and looked and looked. Did not find anything that looked like a discharge. I went to Wagner and I think I found the intake and discharge. But I did not see any water flow or noticed any water temp change. I threw bait around but nothing. I jagged the channel but nothing there as well. I went around the key bridge and could get any hit. I think the majority what I was marking around the bridge was either white perch or shad. Felt my line hit things down below. Can someone PM me a description of the discharges, Please. I put in around 4 miles of work and it was a bust. This winter jigging is hard from a kayak when you can't run and gun. Any help would be appreciated.
    John
    Hobie Adventure Island 16'

Slayer Propel 10

Pelican Trailblazer ( don't hate , pond use only)

I did some research, asked around, looked at everything I could last year to try and find them. Just so happens around this time last year I found it. My best description is in the attached pic. I didn't have any luck at it. bs dist swirl.jpg Thanks, Dave

Comment

I was under the impression that they were decommissioning that power plant? If you can find the location in the photo above you're in the right general area....remember it's not always pumping hot water out, some days I've been there and you can see it others it's "off". Also don't expect them all to be sitting right on top of the discharge either. They tend to be in the general vicinity. Look for which direction the current may be moving the warmer water too. Watching the temp on your FF can be the most helpful
      John Hostalka

Delaware Paddlesports and
      Hobie Fishing team member

2018 Camo Hobie Outback
      2015 Hobie Outback

Comment

Originally posted by kidrockfish View Post
        I did some research, asked around, looked at everything I could last year to try and find them. Just so happens around this time last year I found it. My best description is in the attached pic. I didn't have any luck at it. [ATTACH=CONFIG]18259[/ATTACH] Thanks, Dave
        Thanks. About how far were you from shore? I think the tube you are on is the Brandon shores discharge. I read it was a pipe . The Wagner from what I gathered was next to the left of the conveyor as you were facing from water. What I thought was the discharge was a pier tunnel . It had signs on it about starting with no warning and it had surface bouys blocking the entrance the tunnel( was really a pier post with boards on top) . There was no flow or water temp difference. I read the tunnel on the left is intake and the one on right was discharge. They were also real close to the plant. I may try the harbor hospital discharge . That may be easier to find! ???
        John

Slayer Propel 10

Comment

Thanks John. It was calm out so hopefully I should of saw it. I read it was not easy to see if its rough out. I was too close to shore for the Brandon shores discharge. I may have missed it entirely.
          Originally posted by jhoss View Post
          I was under the impression that they were decommissioning that power plant? If you can find the location in the photo above you're in the right general area....remember it's not always pumping hot water out, some days I've been there and you can see it others it's "off". Also don't expect them all to be sitting right on top of the discharge either. They tend to be in the general vicinity. Look for which direction the current may be moving the warmer water too. Watching the temp on your FF can be the most helpful
          John

Slayer Propel 10

Comment

Working...
          X