Power Pole Micro Opinions and Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Pole Micro Opinions and Experience

Hey all I am thinking about getting a Power Pole Micro for my PA 14. I wanted to get thoughts from people that have one and their experience with it.

Also does anyone have the battery that connects directly to the power pole micro? Does the battery have good power throughout a fishing trip and have you had any issues with the battery coming unconnected?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Power Pole Micro Opinions and Experience

I have one and I think it is one of the best purchases I have made for a kayak. My fishing is different then most people on this board as I fish a lot of small ponds that will have weed growth almost to the waters surface. This makes using an anchor a major pain as you will get covered with sea weed, mud and not to mention water.

You will still pivot on the power pole due to the wind and sometimes you will spin 180 degrees away from where you want to face. With an anchor trolley where you can set the anchor in the middle of your kayak or the opposite end to some what deal with this. Unlike and anchor the deployment and retraction is silent so when I'm using it I will use it and creep forward 20' at a time because of it ease of use. I think it was worth the money.

I don't have the on board battery as it was't available when I got the power pole.
    Last edited by willf650; 02-28-2016, 09:21 PM.
    1980 Something Old Town Canoe
    2008 Native Ultimate 14.5
    2015 Coosa HD
    2016 Hobie Outback Limited Edition #56
    2017 Pelican Trailblazer 1000 (38# of portaging freedom)

Comment

For me the power pole was not an option due to the price. Where I bought my kayak was selling a thing called "the river stick" it's made by a guy in PA. You can find videos on youtube. It's a cheaper alternative without any motor or battery to worry about but does the same thing. I don't have this product but just thought I would let you know about it.

Comment

I have one and love it. I just hated spending so much for it. I have it on my yak and skiff so I can justify spending so much for an anchor. If I didn't fly fish I don't think I would buy one. It's just super easy to sneak up on fish and be silent. I don't have the battery and don't think you need it. It hardly uses and power at all. I wear the remote around my neck and just click it as I'm standing sight fishing.

Comment

Thanks for the input Hookthatsnook! Did you use the hobie battery kit or just put the battery in your crate/blackpak?

The hobie kit is 114.00 and the battery is 200.00 so I would save 60.00. Or I could just buy a battery for 30.00 and be done.

Comment

Originally posted by gafisherman View Post
            Thanks for the input Hookthatsnook! Did you use the hobie battery kit or just put the battery in your crate/blackpak?

The hobie kit is 114.00 and the battery is 200.00 so I would save 60.00. Or I could just buy a battery for 30.00 and be done

I used the Hobie kit to a fuse block then connect everything to that.

Comment

French Creek Outfitters has an 8 foot micro anchor for sale. It is the only one they have in stock and is selling for a discount of close to $200 or more. They are in Phoenixville, PA. Call them and ask for George and tell him Doc Irv sent you.
              http://docirvcustombaits.com/baitbox/
              484-459-9863
              If you are not satisfied with the color or texture of your custom made Doc Irv baits just let me know and I will redo it at no cost to you to your satisfaction, because I am not happy unless you are happy.*
              *But if you are one of those people who is never satisfied then I retain the right to be unhappy.

Comment

Thanks docirv!!

Comment

Working...
                X