My 12 year old daughter is excited...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 12 year old daughter is excited...

I have the privilege of having a daughter that wants to fish with me. I started taking both of my girls when they were little. First fish (bluegills on a worm/bobber) at 2 1/2 years old. My older daughter still has interest but my 12 year old has the fever that we all have. She has been begging me for a kayak. I looked at some of the cheap models for $200 and decided against it. Annika started her own kayak fund and saved a small amount of money. I was fortunate enough to have a fellow Snaggedliner provide me with a boat for my daughter. I have a paddle and will be getting a PFD and whistle very soon. She has been begging me to take her. She doesnt quite get the issue with 35 degree water temps. I will wait until it is safe to take her. She asked me to post a picture of her kayak hanging next to mine. We made a dad/daughter project out of hanging her kayak on Saturday. It was quick and easy but she helped with every step. She is really looking forward to posting her first fish from a kayak picture. This year will look different for me as I will be concentrating on spending time with her and putting her on fish over looking for quality fish and fishing alone. We will likely fish the Susquehanna and some other local, safe water. I cant wait....

hangingkayaks.jpg
    Tarpon 120, no electronics, no pedals.
    Tarpon 100, the karma boat.

Originally posted by Backdoc View Post
    I have the privilege of having a daughter that wants to fish with me. I started taking both of my girls when they were little. First fish (bluegills on a worm/bobber) at 2 1/2 years old. My older daughter still has interest but my 12 year old has the fever that we all have. She has been begging me for a kayak. I looked at some of the cheap models for $200 and decided against it. Annika started her own kayak fund and saved a small amount of money. I was fortunate enough to have a fellow Snaggedliner provide me with a boat for my daughter. I have a paddle and will be getting a PFD and whistle very soon. She has been begging me to take her. She doesnt quite get the issue with 35 degree water temps. I will wait until it is safe to take her. She asked me to post a picture of her kayak hanging next to mine. We made a dad/daughter project out of hanging her kayak on Saturday. It was quick and easy but she helped with every step. She is really looking forward to posting her first fish from a kayak picture. This year will look different for me as I will be concentrating on spending time with her and putting her on fish over looking for quality fish and fishing alone. We will likely fish the Susquehanna and some other local, safe water. I cant wait....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18279[/ATTACH]
    Nice! If you ever need to borrow a third boat for your other daughter I have a 12' SOT ready to fish. My daughter is 8 months this week and I'm looking forward to taking her out in a couple years too!
    2015 Hobie Outback
    2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

Thanks John,
      The kayak community is the nicest bunch of people I have encountered. I think I am going to take them one at a time at first. I think it will be like herding cats. If I get to that point I may take you up on that offer. I too would lend my boat for someone on here who wants to take a kid out.

Comment

Love hearing these kinds of stories. One of my fondest memories is smallmouth fishing with my daughter in our canoe on the Potomac. I'm sure you will have similar experiences.
        Mike
        Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

I hope my 8-month old daughter catches the same fever your has. You have an awesome season ahead of you! If you are ever down around the Salisbury, MD or Crisfield area and would like to get her out for some rockfish, send me a PM. Consider it an open invitation.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
          Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
          2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

And the next generation is hooked that's awesome
            D Hawk
            Green Malibu X-Factor stolen dream
            Sand Malibu X-Factor The replacement

Comment

So cool...My 12 and 9 year old fishes with me too!!....Makes my days.
              Harlan

Revo 13
              Trident 13
              Cuda 14
              Necky Tandem

Comment

I love going out with my son!

PHOTO_20151127_120045.jpg
                Keith

2015 Sand Hobie Outback

2017 Orange Camo Vibe Sea Ghost 130

2015 Camo Ascend FS12T

Comment

Originally posted by RavensDfense View Post
                  I hope my 8-month old daughter catches the same fever your has. You have an awesome season ahead of you! If you are ever down around the Salisbury, MD or Crisfield area and would like to get her out for some rockfish, send me a PM. Consider it an open invitation.
                  Thank you. That would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Mike View Post
                    Love hearing these kinds of stories. One of my fondest memories is smallmouth fishing with my daughter in our canoe on the Potomac. I'm sure you will have similar experiences.
                    I am looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakmac View Post
                      I love going out with my son!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18293[/ATTACH]
                      I love this picture. I cant wait to get her out there.

Comment

FISHING WITH THE DAUGHTER IS THE BEST
                        Last edited by kevinfry; 03-02-2016, 07:43 PM.
                        14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
                        2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Hi Doc,

Kayak hoist looks good. Well, I ordered the kayak from Delaware PaddleSports, should bein at the end of March. Donna thinks that a monster has been created since my getting into the KAYAK activities. I am really anxious to get out this year in a Kayak.

Dan O'Berry

Comment

Hey Back doc, That's great enjoy your time with her, they grow up fast. My daughters are older but when I get my new yak I'm still going to try to get them out there with me.

Comment

Originally posted by kevinfry View Post
                              FISHING WITH THE DAUGHTER IS THE BEST
                              That is great. I am looking forward to this.

Comment

Working...
                              X