If you had $100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you had $100

My wife gave me a $100 gift certificate for REI. I am a little undecided on what to get. What would you get with $100 at REI, or apply the $100 towards.

I was thinking of maybe getting one of those hand held GPS devices that have Sattalite tracking. Once a year or so I go to extreme northern Minnesota on a canoe trip. If I break my leg up there I would most likely die.. or at least be REAL uncomfortable until someone notices me missing. It might be nice to have an emergency beacon... but that is only once a year.. if that.. maybe once every two years.

Alternately I was thinking of a Yeti cooler. I would never actually pay $300 for a cooler but with a gift certificate it brings it down to a slightly more reasonable price.

if you had the certificate.. what would you get?
    People who use the word "literally" wrong literally kill me.

Sell it on ebay and get a bass pro gift card...don't tell the wife!
    2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

When I was a young man... I decided I liked smart, pretty, women. I married a beautiful girl that is very smart...
      Now I frequently regret that my wife is far smarter than me and I cannot get away with anything. She would know almost instantly that I tried to pull a fast one.
      I should have gone after "bimbo, dumb Suzie".

Comment

I find REI to be a little expensive but they do have some great deals once in a while. Have grabbed some really nice equipment at great prices over the years but it takes some patience. May want to hold onto it a bit and wait for something on sale that you find of good value. I'm a cheapskate even with free gift cards.

Comment

They have some pretty dope dry bags if you're in the market for some.
          Zack
          Camo 2014 OK Trident Ultra 4.7
          Blue 2015 Ascend FS12T
          "WV RiverRat" on Youtube.

Comment

Base layers to extend your season
            Bruce

Hobie PA 14
            Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Crap EMSer... I just purchased a full set of UA 3.0 base layer at BassPro. I didn't even THINK of checking REI for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Smith View Post
                Crap EMSer... I just purchased a full set of UA 3.0 base layer at BassPro. I didn't even THINK of checking REI for it.
                Bummer. You could try going the other direction and get some thin, sun protective gear to prevent getting burned, and reduce the need to have things cut off of your body later in life (says one whoo has has 2 pre-cancerous "trimmings), i.e buffs, Ex - Officio Air Strip shirt, light wide brimmed hat, etc.

Smart wool socks are always an excellent option for both hot and cold weather
                Bruce

Hobie PA 14
                Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

They've got some good canvas material type field pants. I've used about 3 pairs over my nearly 6 years working in the field wherever my job has taken me (Louisiana and Nevada were probably the worst conditions). Some of them held up better then others. I really liked my Columbia brand pair until last year they just randomly ripped open when they were sweat soaked inside waders. It's nice to reach that level of comfort with your coworkers when you can just laugh at that.

Comment

If it were me I would probably get an NRS cVest or a new pair of FiveFingers.
                    2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
                    Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

I'd buy my wife some yoga pants from REI.

Comment

Here you go may find something here. 25% off Clearance.
                        https://www.rei.com/s/deals?ir=colle...5908052&ev11=0

Comment

Working...
                        X